• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

It's not the fault of the teams - why don't those English players do as their foreign counterparts do and join teams all over the world?

Maybe because most foreign clubs have enough young talent and dont want untried young British players. I cant think of many teenage foreign players who have move to Britain andmade it apart from Fibreglass

Maybe because most foreign clubs have enough young talent and dont want untried young British players. I cant think of many teenage foreign players who have move to Britain andmade it apart from Fibreglass

That is actually quite a good point. It is hard enough breaking through from an academy, harder still if your a foreign lad. We have signed quite a few over the years and dont remember any of them coming through.

Someone somewhere's got to be playing these kids and in large numbers. Otherwise we'd have run out of footballers by now.

There's quite a famous one...Maybe the best player in the world?

There's quite a famous one...Maybe the best player in the world?

Ok that's 2, hardly a great success rate thought.
Someone somewhere's got to be playing these kids and in large numbers. Otherwise we'd have run out of footballers by now.

No we wont plenty of average experienced player in the world to buy, better option for manager worried about his job than a kid who might take a couple of years the reach their potential. Let the youngster either drop to lower leagues or drift out of the game.

Does England need to widen its talent pool? It is only England that appears to be shouting about player exhaustion on the international level. France, Italy, Spain, Portugal - I haven't seen complaints and those people play with some joy on their faces even Germany with their disastrous run doesn't seem to complain. What is different? Am I misinformed?

So,
Does England need to widen its talent pool? It is only England that appears to be shouting about player exhaustion on the international level. France, Italy, Spain, Portugal - I haven't seen complaints and those people play with some joy on their faces even Germany with their disastrous run doesn't seem to complain. What is different? Am I misinformed?
Those countries don't run TWO stupid national Cup, most play 36 and not 38 league games, which frees up 2 additional weeks so they can have a winter break.
Also, their associations actually HELP teams in Europe by letting teams involved play on sensible days and times.

No we wont plenty of average experienced player in the world to buy, better option for manager worried about his job than a kid who might take a couple of years the reach their potential. Let the youngster either drop to lower leagues or drift out of the game.
And they're all getting older. If nobody is taking a chance on the kids, then we'll run out of footballers. They can't play forever.

So fully expecting Kane, Winks and Dier all to play the full 90 tonight, at least it's at Wembley and they can be home in their own beds by midnight

I mean, I could just naming a brick load of players that came here young and made a name for themselves, foreign or not - I don't know what point you're making

MY point is young players are not given a long enough run in PL teams as managers want to bring in foreign players who have played a few games, probably because they are scared they will get the sack or because they know more about young foreign players than British. Scara said young British players should go abroad to get games and I was responding by saying I couldnt think on many young foreign players who have made it over here. Now people will say what about this 5 or 6 or maybe more but do they have any idea how many have come here as teenagers and made it to international level, I can think of at least 20 at Spurs who have disappeared over the years and I'm sure it's the same with other clubs.

Would Perryman, Hoddle, Jennings got a chance under the present conditions?

Virtually every week I read we need better centrebacks and defensive midfielder and endless list of foreign players to fill the role, few think its viable to play Skipp, Tanganga, Fagan-Walcott or Lyons-Foster and they will have to go out on loan where the may gain experience but at a lower level, until young players get a chance in PL we will struggle to produce good international players.

Sorry longer than I wanted to rant, but it annoys me to see so many average foreign players filling space than young players could have a go at.

Good luck Harry you'll need it. This must be a good Iceland team as we are keeping it tight (ho ho ho) again. Has Southgate now reach the stage where he knows he's wrong but he's going to keep the same system until he beats someone playing it to prove he was right all along.

Back