• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

Oh, so that's why there have been so many TV news interviews and such about Rooney and how he's been getting on in the MLS....

...What the bleep is going on with this? What's REALLY going on here, makes no sense...

I’m still not sure Rooney has driven this, he never struck me as one for all the fanfare and played for the love of playing.

One excuse for the match has been squashed by the FA.

FA will not give money to Wayne Rooney fund

The Football Association will not pass on any of the gate receipts from Wayne Rooney’s final England appearance to his foundation and nor does it plan to donate any fixed sum despite the match being named after his charity.

The friendly fixture against the United States at Wembley is being officially called the Wayne Rooney Foundation International in support of the former Manchester United forward’s charitable interests.

The FA, which is expected to earn up to £3 million in ticket sales for the match, had said “fundraising initiatives” would allow fans to support the foundation, which aims to improve the lives of disadvantaged children.

Any direct money for the foundation, however, will only come from bucket collections inside Wembley Stadium rather than from gate receipts, though fans will be encouraged to donate via text and online. The FA said it would also donate signed England shirts to the foundation and hold a gala dinner at the stadium next year.

I dont have any issue with Rooney getting a testimonial/celebratory game.

Unlike many (it seems) I think he has been a fabulous player over the years.

My issue in this instance is the devaluation of the international game. Not that I value it highly, but England insist upon dragging our players to training camps and games in the interest of making the team competitive (*cough* commercial *cough*), and insist upon being taken seriously.

To then take an international game and make it a Rooney-reach-around, is complete hypocrisy.

I dont have any issue with Rooney getting a testimonial/celebratory game.

Unlike many (it seems) I think he has been a fabulous player over the years.

My issue in this instance is the devaluation of the international game. Not that I value it highly, but England insist upon dragging our players to training camps and games in the interest of making the team competitive (*cough* commercial *cough*), and insist upon being taken seriously.

To then take an international game and make it a Rooney-reach-around, is complete hypocrisy.

I agree on Rooney, he was a great player and a joy to watch.

It's an international friendly, it can't fall any lower, there is nothing stopping us pulling our players out, it's something we need to do more of, thats our responsibility.

t
Personally I feel Rooney was kept in the national team for longer than he was needed. Just like Beckham, his position in the footballing world kept him in the side longer than his performances justified.

Amen to that, might as well bring Goldenballs back for the game as well.

Back