• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

Haha! Just by saying something with more conviction each time doesn’t make the video footage anymore compelling!
Pickford grabbed the guys hips to pull him back. 2 hands on the hips. This was smart because it's much harder to spot in real time, compared to grabbing an arm, waist, shorts... silly passage of play from Pickford, when will keepers learn not to try a cheeky Cruyff turn?!

Pickford grabbed the guys hips to pull him back. 2 hands on the hips. This was smart because it's much harder to spot in real time, compared to grabbing an arm, waist, shorts... silly passage of play from Pickford, when will keepers learn not to try a cheeky Cruyff turn?!
VAR would have done for him... mind a sighted referee or linesmen you would have thought would have also.
Imagine De Gea doing it :eek: Sky Sports news would be in meltdown :cool:

It wouldn't have been given as a foul if it was a defender, or if it was in a different part of the pitch
Agreed, if that contact constitutes a pen then Harry Maguire and the like gets away with 2 or 3 every game. It’s only because it was a keeper and it was an open goal that it’s got people talking about it, had Maguire or Gomez done exactly the same they’d be lorded for a great tackle.

Anyway, great performance from the lads, thoroughly enjoying watching England again, thanks Southgate.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...-rooney-to-make-one-off-england-return-vs-usa

I know he's a big name out in the MLS now, but going back on his retirement to make some money for his charity turns what was meant to be a friendly into a charity game. I doubt Southgate has had much of a say in the matter and it's more likely both FA's have pushed for Rooney's inclusion.

It just seems to be counter to everything the England team is working towards. The continuity of the setup is part of why it's growing so well and this goes against it. If he starts it can only really be at the expense of Kane who is the captain, so I think despite the rumours of "Rooney for captain" being quashed there will be a different captain when he enters the field of play.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...-rooney-to-make-one-off-england-return-vs-usa

I know he's a big name out in the MLS now, but going back on his retirement to make some money for his charity turns what was meant to be a friendly into a charity game. I doubt Southgate has had much of a say in the matter and it's more likely both FA's have pushed for Rooney's inclusion.

It just seems to be counter to everything the England team is working towards. The continuity of the setup is part of why it's growing so well and this goes against it. If he starts it can only really be at the expense of Kane who is the captain, so I think despite the rumours of "Rooney for captain" being quashed there will be a different captain when he enters the field of play.
Think Beckham might get the amband for this one, assume Robbie Williams and Jonathan Wilkes will be called up too?

So it’s essentially a testimonial for Rooney with his charity as the recipient of funds?
In which case the captaincy issue should resolve itself as Kane should be nowhere near it.

Last edited:
Think Beckham might get the amband for this one, assume Robbie Williams and Jonathan Wilkes will be called up too?

That’s about the level of it!
Good idea if makes some money for charities.
Neville Southall in goal?

Last edited:
I couldn't give a brick if it's for charity this game should not be played, I would hope as its such a meaningless event selection would be limited to uncapped players or places auctioned to raise money for the charity and raise Rooneys image.

Looking forward to the Croatia game will be a good watch.
USA is a jolly but no big deal, not worth getting ones undercrackers in a bunch!

Hope he plays the full 90 and Kane gets a rest in that one. Don’t mind Kane playing in the proper England game ms but don’t see what you get out of Kane playing in a friendly.

I think if players genuinely want to have a ‘foundation’ to raise money for those less fortunate than themselves the minimum requirement should be to donate 10% of their wealth.

I’m not sure how this has arisen but it sounds like it was the FAs idea, although it’s just a formalised version of Beckhams last 15 or so games it really is a belittling the concept of sport.

I think if players genuinely want to have a ‘foundation’ to raise money for those less fortunate than themselves the minimum requirement should be to donate 10% of their wealth.
Yes, someone worth £100m asking the man in the street to dip into their pockets! When it was their money that Rooney got in the first place!!

Back