• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

That unfortunately is the attitude of most of the fans today........but I would have thought Carrick would have and I believe should have been proud to play for his country.......I expected more from him. Obviously playing under SAF at United had turned him. Shame.

I dont blame him at all.

Im not fan of the national team as you know, but its for reasons like this.

I used to love watching England play. Then it became clear they werent doing their best to be a good football team. And after long enough of it I just got completely fed up.

Why support a team that isnt even trying?

So yes, absolutely, I can understand him giving up on it. Being one of the best players available and having to watch donkeys run around instead of you...

England may not have been very good, I'll grant you. But strongly refute the "not trying" bit as media gonad*s.
If a team is deemed not worth supporting because they are poor...I suggest you go and have a word with the Acriton Stanley fans on their forum.

Not supporting you nation team is sad and up there with taking pictures of your dinner and posting on the interweb.;)

I would never take pictures of my dinner and post them on the internet. Unless it was something completely freaky like monkey brains which I though would be notable.

I didnt lose interest because they were poor. Im a Spurs fan FFS, have a word with yourself.

I lost interest because it became clear they were more interested in marketing revenues than footballing success.

While other countries were setting up academies for young talent etc, we were cutting deals with Green Flag and Coca Cola.

The Sun had too much of a say in selections, with only the popular choices being picked. Walcott went to the World Cup on just such a basis!

Gerrard and Lampard being shoe horned into the same team for a decade, when it was blatantly obvious by half time in their first game together it wouldnt work. Why? They were the high profile players. The ones on the pepsi bottles and the shiny panini stickers.

England have made no attempt to pick the best team, build a squad, an ethos, legacy and succession, none of it.

Only picked an ill suited team based on player exposure.

And THAT is why I lost all interest.

Because players like Carrick, who were tailor made for a successful international team, were completely sidelined while the bang average like of Hendersen start instead.

Monkey brains are so passe! please..where have you been hiding...;)

I disagree with you but I respect POV (thats 'point of view' for all you non hip dudes who still think cerveaux de singe is "notable")
Breakfast this morning
upload_2018-4-20_15-52-7.png

Ah, so YOU are sad enough to upload pictures of food to the internet, that explains a lot! ;)

You are of course welcome to disagree. Just understand my disillusionment with the England team is not because I think they arent any good, rather I because I dont think they give themselves the chance to be any good.

France and then Germany have shown the way. Have a plan, a direction, and work to it. We, IMO, simply havent despite having the players to put together a much better side.

Ah, so YOU are sad enough to upload pictures of food to the internet, that explains a lot! ;)

You are of course welcome to disagree. Just understand my disillusionment with the England team is not because I think they arent any good, rather I because I dont think they give themselves the chance to be any good.

France and then Germany have shown the way. Have a plan, a direction, and work to it. We, IMO, simply havent despite having the players to put together a much better side.

I’m an eternal optimist. I always hope against hope.
I will cheer Southgate’s charges on. It will be my 15th!
I can’t remmember 1958 and 62 A’s I didn’t have a Sky subscription

I’m an eternal optimist. I always hope against hope.
I will cheer Southgate’s charges on. It will be my 15th!

Ive become so jaded with it that my favourite tournament in a long long time was the one we didnt qualify for (2008 euros?).

I had a great time watching Croatia as the talented under dogs, loved it.

And no media hype either, it was great.

Ive become so jaded with it that my favourite tournament in a long long time was the one we didnt qualify for (2008 euros?).

I had a great time watching Croatia as the talented under dogs, loved it.

And no media hype either, it was great.

England are one of the teams I watch.......don’t get me wrong I would love us to win it!

I’m allergic to media vomitin/hype

i fell out/stopped caring about England when the so called " Golden Generation" were hyped up to the max, when in reality they were average. It became a circus under Sven, Goldenballs etc and it was ( imo) sickening.

Monkey brains are so passe! please..where have you been hiding...;)

I disagree with you but I respect POV (thats 'point of view' for all you non hip dudes who still think cerveaux de singe is "notable")
Breakfast this morning
View attachment 4407

On an unrelated note, I would severely beat anyone engaging in such barbarism! I also know this was dug up from the internet and is not part of your collection.

England are one of the teams I watch.......don’t get me wrong I would love us to win it!

I’m allergic to media vomitin/hype

I agree.
Every time I get jaded on the national side, I discover a flicker of hope. I think Southgate is good in as much as he won't give in to press pressure!

This is a very winnable world cup, Brazil have famously never won outside the "america's", spain are too old, no italy, france are a danger, belgium are a dark horse, Argentina are ordinary without Messi, with a little bit of luck, a good draw out of the group stages.. ok, i'm going to stop there.

This is a very winnable world cup, Brazil have famously never won outside the "america's", spain are too old, no italy, france are a danger, belgium are a dark horse, Argentina are ordinary without Messi, with a little bit of luck, a good draw out of the group stages.. ok, i'm going to stop there.

One word mate, Germany.

Sweden (1958) and Japan (2002). Brazil have won it on four continents, with only one in South America.

I dont blame him at all.

Im not fan of the national team as you know, but its for reasons like this.

I used to love watching England play. Then it became clear they werent doing their best to be a good football team. And after long enough of it I just got completely fed up.

Why support a team that isnt even trying?

So yes, absolutely, I can understand him giving up on it. Being one of the best players available and having to watch donkeys run around instead of you...
I'm the same. I'm not even aware when England friendlies are on now.

I'd certainly done my tour of duty (with the associated costs). Euro 2004 was a great experience and I had belief in that team. BUT the realisation that we were just in the same old cycle of hype and failure every tournament killed it for me.

The final nail was the day McClaren was appointed.

I'll still always watch the Euros and WC as a football fan and I hope England do well (probably hope our players do well more), but there's no emotion in it for me anymore.

Jermain Defoe and Wayne Rooney were bored in between games at the 2010 world cup, so they decided to watch Rooney's entire wedding on DVD! Jesus fudging christ!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...0-world-cup-camp-boring-wayne-rooney-watched/

You are bored, so you decide to do something that will bore you even more? Are there anything more boring than weddings?

Anyway, must be weird for these lads that normally live in massive mansions to have to share a room with a team mate at some hotel for a relatively long period of time.

Back