• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

In Honour of Chich - How Leftie Are You?

93% right-wing

I'll take it, although I really get sick of the right wing/left wing labels. I've ranted about this before but I don't care.

There is far more on the spectrum than right wing and left wing. For example Euroskepticism used to be a left wing issue, now it's right. I'm pretty much as right wing, lessaiz-faire as they come but I believe in drug liberalisation.

Basically, I almost always agree with the Conservatives on the economy (although I'd be interested in pursuing even more market freedom i.e. further right) but I agree with the Lib Dems on a lot of their social policy such as drugs. Does that make me left or right wing?

Take a real test at http://www.politicalcompass.org/ and learn about their graph ranking system (they suggest you take the test first).

93% right-wing

I'll take it, although I really get sick of the right wing/left wing labels. I've ranted about this before but I don't care.

There is far more on the spectrum than right wing and left wing. For example Euroskepticism used to be a left wing issue, now it's right. I'm pretty much as right wing, lessaiz-faire as they come but I believe in drug liberalisation.

Basically, I almost always agree with the Conservatives on the economy (although I'd be interested in pursuing even more market freedom i.e. further right) but I agree with the Lib Dems on a lot of their social policy such as drugs. Does that make me left or right wing?

Take a real test at http://www.politicalcompass.org/ and learn about their graph ranking system (they suggest you take the test first).

I was just about to mention that site. I'm on exactly the same spot as Milton Friedman - economically right wing but socially more aligned with what people consider left wing ideals.

I do not consider social beliefs to be relevant in a left-right ideological dimension. To me, being a leftist or a right winger is all about thhe economy. Saving whales and advocating gay marriage are just smokescreens.

I do not consider social beliefs to be relevant in a left-right ideological dimension. To me, being a leftist or a right winger is all about thhe economy. Saving whales and advocating gay marriage are just smokescreens.

I agree. Though there are often overlaps on decisions on where money is spent.

the thing is, you can happily let other people live their own lives and still appreciate the importance of paying your bills on time

I think there is a lot of extra cruft which gets drawn into your political affiliation when in reality (as I see it at least) it's down to the people to do right by the peole, whereas the governments top 3 priorities should be, the economy, the economy and most of all, the economy

Smokescreens for what?

Poor choice of words. What I mean is that the ruling classes are happy to see social activism on gay marriage...after all it's not costing them anything. These things act as a distraction from what really matters and this explains why those who form the the ruling class are happy to not just tolerate them, but to actively encourage them. It takes the proletairiat's eyes off the main game. Feminism is another case in point. Don't get me started on that!

93% right-wing

Took that for the first time over ten years ago. Nothing much has changed. :p

rpxo708.png

Attachments

• rpxo708.jpg
    rpxo708.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 5
Poor choice of words. What I mean is that the ruling classes are happy to see social activism on gay marriage...after all it's not costing them anything. These things act as a distraction from what really matters and this explains why those who form the the ruling class are happy to not just tolerate them, but to actively encourage them. It takes the proletairiat's eyes off the main game. Feminism is another case in point. Don't get me started on that!

Ah yes, the oppression of the common man. I hate to break it to you, but we really don't think about you at all, ever. Except maybe when we're looking to hire a man to repair/clean something.

We have far more important things to do than plot the oppression of part of society that does a very good job of keeping itself in stasis.

Ah yes, the oppression of the common man. I hate to break it to you, but we really don't think about you at all, ever. Except maybe when we're looking to hire a man to repair/clean something.

We have far more important things to do than plot the oppression of part of society that does a very good job of keeping itself in stasis.

Ha, ha. That made me laugh. :ross:

Back