• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Iliax Moriba

Signing him for £20m and selling for £50m when he has proved he is much more valuable, nah. Good negotiations and dough could get the deal done without a clause.

If it can brilliant. The conversation started as it was being said he was choosing rb leipzig over us.

It’s not a league though with players put under high pressure, so as good as he may be it’s IMO a bad example
He does however model his game on players who thrived on possession and that’s the key if he can do that in the prem
Still, if he is, in his league, one of the best at passing under pressure, it's a fair likelihood that could translate well to our league as he trains and develops upon his natural gifts and experience.

It’s not a league though with players put under high pressure, so as good as he may be it’s IMO a bad example
He does however model his game on players who thrived on possession and that’s the key if he can do that in the prem

Interesting remark but unfortunately one based on perception and stereotype, rather than facts...

Actually, La Liga has the highest level of pressing of the top 5 leagues with 9.9 PPDA (Passes Per Defensive Action); the EPL comes fourth at a "measly" 11.67

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/a...pressing-in-la-liga-tactical-analysis-tactics

Believable that our name is being used to get RBL to up their offer

For us it would mean that we'd have 7 midfielders: PEH, GLC, Dele, Skipp, Winks plus Ndombele and this chap.

I dont see any of the first 5 leaving this summer and it seems that we havent had takers for TN...so we'd go into the season with 7 CMs.

If we had a buyer for Ndombele, I could believe this link more

For us it would mean that we'd have 7 midfielders: PEH, GLC, Dele, Skipp, Winks plus Ndombele and this chap.

I dont see any of the first 5 leaving this summer and it seems that we havent had takers for TN...so we'd go into the season with 7 CMs.

Barca aren't using us to up the price from rb. They don't care who takes him as long as the club meets their valuation. We have rb haven't. They've accepted our bid. If rb matches it they will accept that aswell. If not they won't.

That's 1 over 2 for each position, not ideal but if a good prospect is available cheap, you should look to do the deal.

Pretty obvious that the club are not thinking on those lines. It is clear from recent dealings that if a young player who is deemed to have extraordinary potential becomes available, the club will exploit the once-only opportunity and go for the player, even if he is not essential in the immediate term. Same with Sarr. This kid has the potential to be another Pogba and is only gettable for us in this window.

Pretty obvious that the club are not thinking on those lines. It is clear from recent dealings that if a young player who is deemed to have extraordinary potential becomes available, the club will exploit the once-only opportunity and go for the player, even if he is not essential in the immediate term. Same with Sarr. This kid has the potential to be another Pogba and is only gettable for us in this window.

Anyone reason for the narky comment?

The situation with Sarr is very different given he's been loaned back to Metz. With him, we're thinking that next summer we'll have sold Winks or Ndombele

Based on your logic we'd keep signing midfielder after midfielder just because they're good

GLC/Dele can both play AMC too, and like Badger said, it will take at least another season or two before these youngsters can displace our more established midfielders

Anyone reason for the narky comment?

The situation with Sarr is very different given he's been loaned back to Metz. With him, we're thinking that next summer we'll have sold Winks or Ndombele

Based on your logic we'd keep signing midfielder after midfielder just because they're good

To be fair, "extraordinary potential" players would be quite rare... not saying Messi-tier, but we did used to have Modric playing for us. Not only was he a great player to watch, but eventually, some of these players will do the "me no like chicken badge" and it's time for the next highly-rated prospect to step up (unless their agent is their brother).

Pace and intensity has nothing to do with press resistance.... again an oft made misconception

The great Barca side did not have particular pace and even intensity; but their press was out of this world.
That's actually my point - from a stats point of view you would expect to a pressing team press more in a slower/less intense league because the way the ball and players move in a more athletic/faster league means the opportunity to press are different, and have to be chosen at different times.

That's actually my point - from a stats point of view you would expect to a pressing team press more in a slower/less intense league because the way the ball and players move in a more athletic/faster league means the opportunity to press are different, and have to be chosen at different times.

I see your point but again I would not ascribe it to pace or intensity. Rather the long ball of the British game as opposed to the patient build up of Latin football.

Irrespective, to come back to the previous argument, there is nothing to support the idea that a player who is press resistant in a slower league will be affected by a league where there is pace and intensity because the contributors - dribbling and passing under pressure - remain equally (if not more) effective.

Interesting remark but unfortunately one based on perception and stereotype, rather than facts...

Actually, La Liga has the highest level of pressing of the top 5 leagues with 9.9 PPDA (Passes Per Defensive Action); the EPL comes fourth at a "measly" 11.67

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/a...pressing-in-la-liga-tactical-analysis-tactics
Yet their teams can’t play against teams that press in Europe
Weird eh
I mean it’s a style of football some teams are trying to scarily implement in Spain
The problem with any stats around pressing for example is they dong show the type of press, where it is on the pitch, how effective it is abs many other variables
That could be Erik Lamela running around like an utter achieving big numbers big being bloody inefficient for example

Still, if he is, in his league, one of the best at passing under pressure, it's a fair likelihood that could translate well to our league as he trains and develops upon his natural gifts and experience.
Not sure about fair likelihood
But it’s a strength of his so something you would expect him to get better at

GLC/Dele can both play AMC too, and like Badger said, it will take at least another season or two before these youngsters can displace our more established midfielders

Out of curiosity with Ndombele wanting out, Winks patiently not good enough and Skipp being a newcomer to our midfield who do you currently regard as our established midfielders?

Back