• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Iliax Moriba

Bedfordspurs

Martin Peters
Linked tonight
Another Barca CM who won’t sign a contract
Personally I’ve never seen him play
Did read he was off to Chelsea but he does play the same place as Gilmour…

Sounds like agent talk to me. Getting games for Barca at 18, but won't sign a new deal because he wants more money.

Been linked to everyone it seems. We're already moving for Sarr it seems, have already signed Gil.

Would surprise me, but hey, taking advantage of the financial issues of other clubs and picking up a very talented young player doesn't sound like the worst thing ever.

seen youtube videos of him in a match - he is strong, calm and smart on the ball. looks already like an upgrade to what we have in midfield.

https://firsttimefinish.co.uk/2021/08/26/ilaix-moriba-a-martyr-of-the-barcelona-crisis/

As expected of a Barcelona graduate, his short passing is tight and precise. Moriba is already completing on average over sixty passes per ninety, despite only starting four league games in 20/21. He demands the ball even under pressure, and ranks in the 99th percentile amongst midfielders for passes made under pressure.

As a dribbler, there are few midfield players that can compete with Ilaix Moriba. Not just in quantity, but in the quality and purpose of his carrying. 0.32 Shot Creating Actions/90, and 0.16 Goal Creating Actions/90, are produced from Moriba’s dribbling alone. Using his long legs, and excellent balance to stride beyond tackles, Moriba bounds forward with a direct intensity that splits defences apart.

Moriba has also shown himself to be a proactive and willing defender. Whilst not matching it with impressive defensive numbers, 26.97 pressures/90 is almost unprecedented amongst top-five league midfielders. Of course, coming in a very limited sample size.

If Paratici pulls this off, he deserves a magician's hat...

Sounds very Pogba-ish, the way he seems motivated by money despite being 18 (and being a tall, central midfielder)

Presumably he wouldnt be loaned back if he's burned bridges in Barcelona, so would come into our first team squad

May have issues with a work permit though... Chelscum were thinking of farming him out to one of their feeders....

No different to sancho, bellingham or madueke.
Not really I think. Pogba at that age was more similar to Sancho and Madueke in their decisions imo.

According to the Athletic article on him. He played in 13 of their 14 last La Liga games last season. CL debut against PSG, came off the bench in the copa del rey final.

He's getting games, he's being trusted by the manager, at 18 he's getting games ahead of Pjanic. Despite Barcelona having other young midfielders like Pedri and De Jong he's getting game time at 18. There's a pretty clear path for development, game time and a place in the team long term.

He wants more money than Barcelona are willing/able to pay.

Sancho and Madueke didn't see a path to regular first team football I think. I think it was similar for Pogba, or at least he thought he was ready sooner than he got games.

Bellingham too got games, but was ready for the step up and made the logical step up. A move to us or Leipzig is hardly a step up even from a now struggling, penniless and Messi-less Barcelona.

Fair enough, he wants more money. If we profit, cool. Would be zero percent surprised if he wanted quite a lot in wages, regular PL starts and a release clause though.

Not really I think. Pogba at that age was more similar to Sancho and Madueke in their decisions imo.

According to the Athletic article on him. He played in 13 of their 14 last La Liga games last season. CL debut against PSG, came off the bench in the copa del rey final.

He's getting games, he's being trusted by the manager, at 18 he's getting games ahead of Pjanic. Despite Barcelona having other young midfielders like Pedri and De Jong he's getting game time at 18. There's a pretty clear path for development, game time and a place in the team long term.

He wants more money than Barcelona are willing/able to pay.

Sancho and Madueke didn't see a path to regular first team football I think. I think it was similar for Pogba, or at least he thought he was ready sooner than he got games.

Bellingham too got games, but was ready for the step up and made the logical step up. A move to us or Leipzig is hardly a step up even from a now struggling, penniless and Messi-less Barcelona.

Fair enough, he wants more money. If we profit, cool. Would be zero percent surprised if he wanted quite a lot in wages, regular PL starts and a release clause though.

The fa brought in rules a few years back that agents do not get a fee for transfers/new contracts of players 18 and younger. So the agents moved them abroad. Worked out well for the players.

Back