• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

If we signed Ade and Rossi...

totman

Jose Dominguez
Would people want Rossi benched to continue to play 4-5-1?

Or should we drop VDV and play 4-4-2. There is alot of sh#t thrown at this formation, but imo, signing Ade, and one more top class striker is still our priority this summer.

For me, that means 4-4-2 as the first choice formation, but as we've seen with Defoe this season, scoring nearly every game doesnt seem to be whats required.

What do we do in the summer?

We won't sign neither of them.
Adebayor won't take the pay cut, unless we give him a huge signing on fee.
And Redknapp would rather buy Kanu than Rossi.

drop VDV

an Adebayor Rossi on-field partnership would be the ideal scenario

Interesting scenario. It would be interesting if either could operate as a deeper lying forward. I think Ade has shown he can do it and I think we could use him there more often.

We won't sign neither of them.
Adebayor won't take the pay cut, unless we give him a huge signing on fee.
And Redknapp would rather buy Kanu than Rossi.

Kop out answer.

What do people want.

Personally, Id be f#cking over the moon with a top class number 10, to partner Ade next season. Strikers have been our failing for 6 transfer windows, now.

Im interested if people still feel this is a priority now that the recent trend has been to dismiss 4-4-2 as some kind of formation that was best left in the 80's.

Do people think that 4-5-1 is the way we should go? Meaning we only need to sign Ade (or another number 9), and just continue with VDV behind? Then we can buy a back up striker, and spend the big money elsewhere.

Personally, I feel that would be a massive mistake, and another wasted opportunity, to sign a goal machine who will take us to the next level.

id roll out VDV for the NLDs.....something about the red of Arsenal makes him a monster of a player

I agree with this. I love Rafa, and he has a big part to play for us....but we can be better.

Would you be happy going to OT, Stamford Bridge, Emirates, Etihad lining up with 2 up top? Regardless of their quality? Do you not think we would still be dominated in midfield?

Interesting scenario. It would be interesting if either could operate as a deeper lying forward. I think Ade has shown he can do it and I think we could use him there more often.

What do you mean?

If Ade can play deep and Rossi ahead of him then you would prefer that? I see that as a mouthwatering prospect

Ade is not prolific enough to be the furthest man up imo.....his assists would be EVEN higher with Rossi in front of him.

To me, this would solve everything we are lacking, which is deadliness.

Last edited:
I'm not going to get dragged in to the formation debates too much but I'd love to see Rossi playing with Ade. Having said that I think there's a bunch of players who wouldn't cost too much who could form a great partnership with Ade. Problem is the word could, as it all depends about Ade being fully on his game and being up for it, like how he played against Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

From PL: Dembele, Sessegnon, Siggurson (SP), Ben Arfa...All have shown enough talent to demonstrate that they'd be able to do damage to teams as long as Ade is firing on all cylinders.

Whatever happens it should be an exciting summer, think we've been savy in recent times but it can't be avoided that some of these moves have been short term fixes and we need freshening up, certainly in terms of our attacking players.

Would you be happy going to OT, Stamford Bridge, Emirates, Etihad lining up with 2 up top? Regardless of their quality? Do you not think we would still be dominated in midfield?

Im all for 4-4-2 when we play the right players in the right positions. Id line up 4-4-2 at The Emirates tomorow with:

............................Brad

Walker.........Kaboul..........King............BAE

Lennon.........Parker..........Modric.........Bale

......................Ade............Defoe

So I would 10000% line up there with Rossi in for Defoe.

Last edited:
I'm not going to get dragged in to the formation debates too much but I'd love to see Rossi playing with Ade.

You cant say that without advocating 4-4-2 though. You cant play the two in a 4-5-1, so the debate becomes mandatory, especially to those who see it as "madness" to play 4-4-2 away from home.

I would never drop Rossi because we are not at home.

You cant say that without advocating 4-4-2 though. You cant play the two in a 4-5-1, so the debate becomes mandatory, especially to those who see it as "madness" to play 4-4-2 away from home.

I would never drop Rossi because we are not at home.

But I tend to think that arguing about formations often leads to dead ends and confusion, unless you're talking about some full on Bielsa shapes which are often unfamiliar to me I'd admit to having a more Redknapp/Billic approach. 4-3-3, 4-5-1, 4-4-1-1 and 4-2-3-1 in my head are pretty much the same thing, and you could argue that a 4-4-2 with a deep lying striker is actually the same as 4-5-1, which is actually the same as a 4-4-1-1 etc etc etc etc

I think away from home Rossi is someone who would tend to drop deeper if not seeing the ball enough, not to VDV levels though. Therefore because of that you're penciled in 4-4-2 with Ade and Rossi has now become a supposed 4-4-1-1, which could be interpretated as a 4-5-1 blah blah blah blah.

Get players that are good enough to do their job, but also talented and versatile enough to fill in for others as the state of play naturally drags players out of position. Spain's winning world cup team for example, the only time they were in what looked like their supposed formation was at KO, after that you had Cesc playing right back and Xavi playing up front and busquets filling in at centre back, if only for 10 seconds of play.

Back