• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

People have been coming up with that trope for years but there is no evidence to suggest this plan ever was or is on the agenda

And yet here we are with one of the best new stadiums in the world and 3rd in the league!
Makes you wonder?

Why those two full backs?
Both would be prohibitively expensive and are still very raw
Surely we should be aiming for a more finished product for the money they would cost

Your last point actually goes to the nub of the problem we face - we can't just sign (cheaper) overseas players as we're short of english players already. So we need to sign some English players, and a more finished english product than you suggest might well be out of our reach financially. So signing an old/young keeper helps, and signing some raw talent are ways of bringing in english players but at lower prices.

I think its debatable about what position Sessegnon is long-term. Rose started as a LW and ended up as a LB, whilst Bale did vice-versa. I'd see him playing in an attacking position for us (as cover) in his first year at Spurs but likely ending up replacing Rose at LB within a couple years.

Wan Bissaka - after improving CM and attacking options, RB is our next priority in my view. He's English, has PL experience, young....

Your last point actually goes to the nub of the problem we face - we can't just sign (cheaper) overseas players as we're short of english players already. So we need to sign some English players, and a more finished english product than you suggest might well be out of our reach financially. So signing an old/young keeper helps, and signing some raw talent are ways of bringing in english players but at lower prices.

I think its debatable about what position Sessegnon is long-term. Rose started as a LW and ended up as a LB, whilst Bale did vice-versa. I'd see him playing in an attacking position for us (as cover) in his first year at Spurs but likely ending up replacing Rose at LB within a couple years.

Wan Bissaka - after improving CM and attacking options, RB is our next priority in my view. He's English, has PL experience, young....

I’d go for Arrons from Norwich for half the price. The lad is better all round and passes like Toby

9v68YaU.gif
9v68YaU.gif

Back