• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

If we added a couple of quality players and a couple of hungry youngsters we could really push again next season. No WC mins, stadium issues etc. We were close to City and Liverpool up to a month ago (separated largely by our 'home' results against both). Liv unlikely to go any better than this season, just got to hope for a City blip!
I agree.
I would also add one solid pair of hands - James Ward-Prowse (I had dismissed him before because I thought he was too old. He's not....he's 24!).
I see him a bit like a James Milner.
Can be in and out of the team and also do a solid job across CM and AM.
I would even replace Lamela with him (I like Lamela alot).
And he's homegrown.

Who is Julio Cesar Torres? His agent reportedly said on tv that the player is joining us but I have no idea who he is. Anyone?

2vxei6p.png

From Bolivia: Picture shows player signing deal with Tottenham, loan with option to buy

Julio Cesar Torres’ move to Tottenham Hotspur continues to be a big story in the Bolivian media.

At the end of last week, a story took us by surprise as both the player and his agent confirmed the transfer on a local TV show.

It didn’t sound very likely that Spurs would be signing an unknown Bolivian player for the first team, even because he would have problems getting a work permit in first place.

But things are becoming clearer now.

As his agent Gonzalo Anciar continues to speak to the local media, he’s now claimed that Torres is moving to Tottenham’s reserve squad, on a loan deal which will include an option to buy.

The interview was given to Red Uno, and Torres himself has highlighted his ‘skill and speed’, expecting to impress the club once he joins them in late April.

The story even shows a picture of Torres signing his deal for the Spurs, which his agent has confirmed to be for a one year period, calling it a ‘pre-contract’.

Anciar has also claimed that three English clubs have made offer for Torres, and they chose Tottenham over the competition.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/bolivia-picture-shows-player-signing-deal-tottenham-loan-option-buy/

2vxei6p.png

From Bolivia: Picture shows player signing deal with Tottenham, loan with option to buy

Julio Cesar Torres’ move to Tottenham Hotspur continues to be a big story in the Bolivian media.

At the end of last week, a story took us by surprise as both the player and his agent confirmed the transfer on a local TV show.

It didn’t sound very likely that Spurs would be signing an unknown Bolivian player for the first team, even because he would have problems getting a work permit in first place.

As his agent Gonzalo Anciar continues to speak to the local media, he’s now claimed that Torres is moving to Tottenham’s reserve squad, on a loan deal which will include an option to buy.

The interview was given to Red Uno, and Torres himself has highlighted his ‘skill and speed’, expecting to impress the club once he joins them in late April.

The story even shows a picture of Torres signing his deal for the Spurs, which his agent has confirmed to be for a one year period, calling it a ‘pre-contract’.

Anciar has also claimed that three English clubs have made offer for Torres, and they chose Tottenham over the competition.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/bolivia-picture-shows-player-signing-deal-tottenham-loan-option-buy/

A) We don't have a reserve squad, as far as I know.

B) That document looks like a Spurs logo was copy-pasted on top of the text - hard to discern the text itself, and it's pretty hard to imagine that we would copy paste our logo over important legal information in the presumed contract.

Not convinced.

A) We don't have a reserve squad, as far as I know. :):cool:

B) That document looks like a Spurs logo was copy-pasted on top of the text - hard to discern the text itself, and it's pretty hard to imagine that we would copy paste our logo over important legal information in the presumed contract.

Not convinced.

It’s cobblers:D

2vxei6p.png

It’s Levy trying to get a transfer ban, getting on board the young player bandwagon.

“We’ve been tapping him up for years”

Chelsea's on-loan Croat midfielder Mateo Kovacic, 24, is prepared to join another Premier League club rather than return to Real Madrid. (Marca)

Chelsea could take Bournemouth's Dutch defender Nathan Ake back to Stamford Bridge amid speculation of interest in the 24-year-old from Napoli and Tottenham. (De Telegraaf - via Caught Offside)

Arsenal will face competition from Bayern Munich in their pursuit of Lille and Ivory Coast winger Nicolas Pepe, 23. (Bein Sports - via Mirror)
[Pretty sure we've been linked to him]

Would people still fancy Kovacic? I'm undecided based on this season's form, but wonder what we'd be like under Poch's coaching

Would people still fancy Kovacic? I'm undecided based on this season's form, but wonder what we'd be like under Poch's coaching

Agree with the latter point - I think its very difficult to say what a player who appears to be underperforming would be like under Poch and in a different system. I'd be very happy with either Andre Gomes or Kovacic

I thought Gomes has looked pretty decent for Everton but I'm not sure on his fitness levels (seems to gas out early) and whether he's just a silky player who can look amazing but disappears when the going gets tough.

I dont know. We were linked heavily previously, which is why I put it up now, that was it really.

Based on his time at Madrid I was in the summer convinced he would have been a great buy. I suppose its only fair to consider that potential is still there.

Based on his time at Chelsea I dont see him appealling to us really. I suppose its only fair to consider Sari has basically mis-managed that whole squad though.

So, who knows?

If Poch went for it Id be hopeful, but I wouldnt be too sure of Poch having interest at this point.

I thought Gomes has looked pretty decent for Everton but I'm not sure on his fitness levels (seems to gas out early) and whether he's just a silky player who can look amazing but disappears when the going gets tough.
Everton fans went from loving him to not bothered if he signs or not, not got the pace or physical presence

Agree with the latter point - I think its very difficult to say what a player who appears to be underperforming would be like under Poch and in a different system. I'd be very happy with either Andre Gomes or Kovacic
Both of them look a little slow to me. That being said I don't like to judge any foreign player in their first season in England, the game is far more frantic and it often takes players from the slower paced Southern European leagues a year to adjust.

Back