• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

This aged well ;)

Ive a history of these moments.

Remember Joe Coles wonder goal in the world cup (2006?)?

It hit the net literally 1 second after I had had a lengthly rant at how brick he is.

Me "....Joe Cole. What does he even do?" .....net ripples.....

Ill stand by that statement though, one swallow not making a summer and that. It was a fine pass from Sissoko, I actually had to check it was him who played it - but until he shows that sort of thing regularly Im comfortable in my view.

Classic timing though :)

I wanted us to sign Ziyech before he went to Ajax, thought he looked a great talent then and has now developed further.

3) Noussair Mazraoui (Right-back)
It was Mazraoui who, straining every sinew to keep the ball in play on the Bernabéu’s right touchline, caused the VAR delay that became the crux of Tuesday night’s shock. The move itself, showing lung-busting determination and then the presence of mind to distribute coolly, was characteristic of a 21-year-old who has come from virtually nowhere to be one of the most exciting right-backs around.

Mazraoui, who has been with Ajax since he was eight and at one point appeared likely to leave the club, was a midfielder by trade but has shone since making his breakthrough in February 2018. “He could become a very interesting wing defender,” the manager, Erik ten Hag, said later that season. That has not stopped the Dutch-born player making headlines further forward, scoring big goals against Bayern Munich and Benfica.

6) Hakim Ziyech (Forward)
Ziyech’s lavish talent was admired in hushed tones as he emerged at Heerenveen and Twente but the playmaker – like Mazraoui, a Dutch-born Morocco international – is firmly in the mainstream now. He has a wand of a left foot and laser vision. Those attributes have rarely wavered since he arrived in 2016 but he has stepped up another level this season, averaging better than a goal every two games, and believes his on-pitch relationship with Dusan Tadic is the key. “I’ve never felt such a connection with any other player,” Ziyech says. The pair’s movement is dizzying but countless European clubs would take Ziyech on his own. Ziyech, named the Dutch league’s best player for the last two seasons, turns 26 this month and finally has a shot at genuine stardom.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...case-six-players-champions-league-renaissance

Why, what's this Weston McKennie like? Who would he be competition/an upgrade for?

Highly talented (if raw) central midfielder. Chief asset so far is his versatility - he can play half a dozen positions (including centre-back) and not look out of place.

Very young, built like a brick outhouse, can pass well, can tackle well, can run well. Is also American, for that extra marketing oomph.

I'd say, out of all Schalke's players, he's the one Poch can make the most out of.

Highly talented (if raw) central midfielder. Chief asset so far is his versatility - he can play half a dozen positions (including centre-back) and not look out of place.

Very young, built like a brick outhouse, can pass well, can tackle well, can run well. Is also American, for that extra marketing oomph.

I'd say, out of all Schalke's players, he's the one Poch can make the most out of.

He looks a bit, erm... rotund? Poch would have to whip him into shape quick smart.

Hmm

So what is the most we can sign in one summer without effecting the team to much?

I tend to favour youth but after yesterday maybe experience.

Said it a few times but what i would give for a Roy Keane type personality in there.

Hmm

So what is the most we can sign in one summer without effecting the team to much?

I tend to favour youth but after yesterday maybe experience.

Said it a few times but what i would give for a Roy Keane type personality in there.

All depends on how many we sign are deemed to be first 11 starters

You joke but when we came out in Saturday we were discussing Eriksen and the lack of cover. Maybe that is where they saw him filling a gap in the squad for us

His goal was a cracker it has to be said
What with Eriksen’s anonymous performances of late, I’m beginning to see why Pochettino might’ve liked having Grealish in the squad... not be blessed with as much talent but I’m sure our gaffer can appreciate someone who has the bottle (even after being sucker punched) to step up and score the winner in a feisty derby match.

What with Eriksen’s anonymous performances of late, I’m beginning to see why Pochettino might’ve liked having Grealish in the squad... not be blessed with as much talent but I’m sure our gaffer can appreciate someone who has the bottle (even after being sucker punched) to step up and score the winner in a feisty derby match.

He is still a talented player and knows how to take knocks too

Back