• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I miss these days

That Redknapp team was the best team to watch in the country. I lost count of the number of fans of lower league clubs who would tell me they loved watching us play and we were their second team when we stayed over after non London away games.

I also miss the Poch days which for me was better, the football was more stylish and more consistent giving the likes of Emirates Marketing Project and Real Madrid a drubbing. First time since the early 1960s we had a chance of winning the League and Champions League.

Bit of fun. Put together a team from the past 10 years (or so)

...............................LLoris...............................
Walker.............Toby................King..............Ekotto
...................Dembele..........Modric.....................
Bale....................Eriksen...............................Son
...............................Kane...............................

That Redknapp team was the best team to watch in the country. I lost count of the number of fans of lower league clubs who would tell me they loved watching us play and we were their second team when we stayed over after non London away games.
Who signed that manager, and all those players? Must've been Alan Sugar.

Bit of fun. Put together a team from the past 10 years (or so)

...............................LLoris...............................
Walker.............Toby................King..............Ekotto
...................Dembele..........Modric.....................
Bale....................Eriksen...............................Son
...............................Kane...............................

Benny rather than Rose?

(I assume its Bale_v1 rather than Bale_v2!)

I loved Harry's reign. I know he gets criticism on here because he's a crook but he took us from the foot of the table to top 4 playing brilliant football.

But Poch's reign was the one for me. Harry's team was a bit flaky at times. We lost stupid games now and again. Poch's team had a bit of steel. I remember sitting in a pub in Warsaw watching us hammer Millwall 6-0 and thinking "I couldn't be prouder to be a Spurs fan. We have steel, we are great to watch, I love this manager, I love this team and we're only going to get better." The win wasn't anything unexpected, Harry did his ankle too, but it was just the ruthlessness of it. Around that time was when I was happiest as a Tottenham fan. Right now, it's tough.

I used to be so confident playing against the big teams under Harry, we always seemed to turn up and get big wins. Not so much under Poch.

The big teams starting parking the bus everytime they played us, that's how much respect we had under Harry.

He won at Woolwich, he won at Anfield, he won at City. He didn't win at Chelsea or United though and we got dingdonged a few times by them under Harry IIRC.

But he definitely brought us on. I absolutely adored BMJ, and he did break the Chelsea duck to be fair, but the amount of times we surrendered meekly to the big teams wasn't good. Harry took us up a few levels and Poch did likewise after that. There was an appointment in the middle of those that didn't work out (Ramos, AVB). Hopefully that's a pattern and when Mourinho fudges off, we'll get someone to bring us over the line that Poch fell agonisingly just short of.

So serious rose tinted glasses here.
Many of those players were constantly vilified on here, as was Redknapp.
If we tried to sign the equivalent of most of those today people would freak out and say they are inferior.

So serious rose tinted glasses here.
Many of those players were constantly vilified on here, as was Redknapp.
If we tried to sign the equivalent of most of those today people would freak out and say they are inferior.

We've moved on, our asperations are higher.
Pity we aren't fulfilling them.

Back