• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

I love lamela, since Jan left he's probably my favourite player.
He hasn't fitted into any of the styles of play any of our managers have played and yet he has stuck with us and never bitched or moaned, not looked for a move, he obviously likes it here and is willing to sacrifice a bit of himself for the cause.
Can't blame anyone for not giving him more games or changing our style to suit him, I mean can you really drop Harry, son or Eriksen to play one player? But if we had a different set or players I really think we would see a different player.
Swop Harry for JD for instance.

I love lamela, since Jan left he's probably my favourite player.
He hasn't fitted into any of the styles of play any of our managers have played and yet he has stuck with us and never bitched or moaned, not looked for a move, he obviously likes it here and is willing to sacrifice a bit of himself for the cause.
Can't blame anyone for not giving him more games or changing our style to suit him, I mean can you really drop Harry, son or Eriksen to play one player? But if we had a different set or players I really think we would see a different player.
Swop Harry for JD for instance.

Under Poch I don't think his body could ever handle the combination training/playing style.

But under all of his managers I think a case could be made for including him. It's not a case of dropping Son or Kane, it's about finding a working midfield, specifically one that doesn't get walked over, a midfield that builds tempo, a midfield that can be a threat going forward. He could do a lot of those things.

I expect him to have a good game today.

Someone said it earlier in this thread, if everyone in our team played like Lamela did, we would win the league, it's fudging true.
Or get relegated after our entire squad gets injured/suspended/both!

Whatever anyone's issues with Lamela, his attitude and commitment are beyond reproach. 100% every game, from 5-a-sides in training up to the Champions League. I love him for that, and for being a player who can light up a match with an insane bit of skill. He's the archetypical flawed genius, playing for a club that embodies the same.

EDIT: I should add that I've spent plenty of time screaming at him to play a simple bloody pass with his right foot. I have no problem with professional footballers being unable to ping 40-yard crossfield passes with their weaker foot, let alone threading a nicely weighted through-ball between the opposing centre-backs...but really, a 10-yard pass to a player in space shouldn't be beyond our expectations.

Last edited:
The disappointing result and Lamela's red card against Arsenal will soon be forgotten. But Lamela's rabona goal will be talked about forever !

With his goal against Arsenal, Lamela has now scored against all the traditional big 5 teams in the PL : Emirates Marketing Project, ManU, Liverpool, Chelsea and now Arsenal in all competitions.

Lamela is also the third Spurs player to score in all competitions this season, after Bale and Kane.

Lamela has also scored at least 1 league goal for the 7th consecutive seasons since joining Spurs.

His red card against Arsenal was his first ever since joining Spurs and only the second of his career as he had his first red card while playing for Roma 8 years ago.

Lamela must be one of a few players who has scored 2 rabona goals in competitive matches. That rabona goal against Arsenal was really special as even current and former players are praising it !

Some of the reactions about the rabona goal :

Despite his Arsenal loyalties, Paul Merson has told Sky Sports that Erik Lamela’s goal for Tottenham in Sunday’s defeat is one of the best he’s seen in the Premier League era.
He told Sky Sports: “It’s up there with the best, it was an unbelievable finish.
“The way he has hit it – it hasn’t bobbled in, it’s drilled into the corner. It was a phenomenal finish.
“It was a really special goal.”

---------------------------------------

Martin Keown said on Match of the Day 2 on BBC One (10:49pm, March 14, 2021) that Arsenal players were stunned by Erik Lamela’s goal for Tottenham Hotspur in the North London derby.
Arsenal legend Keown was impressed by the goal from Lamela, and he noted that Mikel Arteta’s players were shocked at the strike from the 29-year-old.
Keown said on Match of the Day 2 on BBC One (10:49pm, March 14, 2021): “If you see the Arsenal players, they are almost stunned because of the way he parted his legs. Brilliant piece of skill. Nice improvisation too. Brilliant.”

--------------------------------------

Freddie Ljungberg really pushed the boat out when reacting to Erik Lamela’s superb goal in Tottenham’s 2-1 defeat to Arsenal in the north London derby, suggesting it was the best goal he has ever seen. Lamela produced an incredible rabona finish to put Spurs ahead in the game at the Emirates, powering the improvised attempt past Bernd Leno. It was a breath-taking finish, and probably the inevitable winner of the Goal of the Season award, but Ljungberg went even further with his praise. The Arsenal legend said it was ‘the best goal I’ve ever seen’ when asked by Sky Sports, which is serious praise for the Argentine’s clever strike.

----------------------------------------

Gary Lineker : Sensational from Lamela. Truly wondrous. The thing about the Lamela goal is, it’s not even the best Rabona he’s scored.

-----------------------------------------

Vertonghen : Coco Puscas !

It is clear Lamela is the most popular footballer in the world now, all due to his rabona goal !

The disappointing result and Lamela's red card against Arsenal will soon be forgotten. But Lamela's rabona goal will be talked about forever !

With his goal against Arsenal, Lamela has now scored against all the traditional big 5 teams in the PL : Emirates Marketing Project, ManU, Liverpool, Chelsea and now Arsenal in all competitions.

Lamela is also the third Spurs player to score in all competitions this season, after Bale and Kane.

Lamela has also scored at least 1 league goal for the 7th consecutive seasons since joining Spurs.

His red card against Arsenal was his first ever since joining Spurs and only the second of his career as he had his first red card while playing for Roma 8 years ago.

Lamela must be one of a few players who has scored 2 rabona goals in competitive matches. That rabona goal against Arsenal was really special as even current and former players are praising it !

Some of the reactions about the rabona goal :

Despite his Arsenal loyalties, Paul Merson has told Sky Sports that Erik Lamela’s goal for Tottenham in Sunday’s defeat is one of the best he’s seen in the Premier League era.
He told Sky Sports: “It’s up there with the best, it was an unbelievable finish.
“The way he has hit it – it hasn’t bobbled in, it’s drilled into the corner. It was a phenomenal finish.
“It was a really special goal.”

---------------------------------------

Martin Keown said on Match of the Day 2 on BBC One (10:49pm, March 14, 2021) that Arsenal players were stunned by Erik Lamela’s goal for Tottenham Hotspur in the North London derby.
Arsenal legend Keown was impressed by the goal from Lamela, and he noted that Mikel Arteta’s players were shocked at the strike from the 29-year-old.
Keown said on Match of the Day 2 on BBC One (10:49pm, March 14, 2021): “If you see the Arsenal players, they are almost stunned because of the way he parted his legs. Brilliant piece of skill. Nice improvisation too. Brilliant.”

--------------------------------------

Freddie Ljungberg really pushed the boat out when reacting to Erik Lamela’s superb goal in Tottenham’s 2-1 defeat to Arsenal in the north London derby, suggesting it was the best goal he has ever seen. Lamela produced an incredible rabona finish to put Spurs ahead in the game at the Emirates, powering the improvised attempt past Bernd Leno. It was a breath-taking finish, and probably the inevitable winner of the Goal of the Season award, but Ljungberg went even further with his praise. The Arsenal legend said it was ‘the best goal I’ve ever seen’ when asked by Sky Sports, which is serious praise for the Argentine’s clever strike.

Gary Lineker : Sensational from Lamela. Truly wondrous. The thing about the Lamela goal is, it’s not even the best Rabona he’s scored.

-----------------------------------------

Vertonghen : Coco Puscas !

It is clear Lamela is the most popular footballer in the world now, all due to his rabona goal !

Fair play to Eric, writing this the dressing room pre match.
Just hope he's focused on the game.

I believe the goal made it -> he has scored and assisted against everyone else in the top 6

What the fudge is wrong with them, it's not a matter to be voted on. It was the best goal.

The one where the player so petrified to touch the ball with his right risked cracking his hip to get his left foot around to it?

Nah not for me. That goal seriously offended me as a human being who understands how football should be played.

Time to vote for goal of the month for Lamela's rabona

Pick March's Budweiser Goal of the Month (premierleague.com)

Do your work boys

Well done to Lamela for winning the goal of the month award for his rabona goal against Arsenal. His goal was really special and will be talked about for years to come ! That goal is one of the few highlights of our season which has been mostly disappointing.

IMO, highlights of our season so far :
- beating ManU 6-1 away in the league
- beating Emirates Marketing Project 2-0 at home in the league
- beating Arsenal 2-0 at home in the league
- being top of the league for 4 weeks in November-December
- beating Chelsea in Round 3 of the League Cup
- Lamela's rabona goal against Arsenal away in the league

Our League Cup Final against Emirates Marketing Project will only be memorable if we win it. Everything else is normal, disappointing or forgettable from this season.

Help me out people, which one should I buy?

lette-napoli-20-21-kits-1%2B%25281%2529.jpg

I like the one with the pink.

I'll be very sad indeed when he leaves. I hope this doesn't happen. It would be a move worthy of the Napoli 10 shirt though.

I would miss him, so Spurs, the absolute almost player (the only thing non Spurs about him is attitude, he fudging turns up every time)

Might be best for him, seems to have gotten over his injuries (have a theory on that), played really well at times this year, would be a hit in Italy or Spain

Some money for us, opportunity for him to start every game and be a key part of a team ..

Back