• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

That was left foot and not right and no one complains about them because they are highly successful using just the one foot. Besides which Messi actually uses his right far more than you probably realise, he's probably better with his right foot than Lamela is with his left. He isn't one footed at all just supremly talented on his left side.

Which was sort of my point :rolleyes: Sorry if it didn't come across that way.....

I assume thats sarcasm? He's not dissimilar to Tarrabt, Jose Dominguez, Dalmat etc - good skills but would be better on a 5-a-side pitch

His goal on Sunday was brilliant, but I'd prefer that he got 10 goals per season and 10 assists than one worldy. Heck I'd prefer it if he got 2 goals per season and 2 assists rather than one worldy
That is most definitely not sarcasm from Baleforce, without doubt he believes Lamela is a Spurs all time great:D.....

I assume neither Davies or Vertonghen bother with Rabonas in games as they can actually kick the ball with both feet.

They both have a favoured foot,I don't mind any player having a favoured foot but both can complete short passes with the other foot without having to bring the ball back onto the more comfortable foot.

This, there really is no excuse for any player not to be able to use both feet.

It is the competent level thing that gets me. I am not just calling Lamela out for this either as plenty do it. But when you have time to set yourself then sure ping that 30 yard ball with your best foot, but i see so many scared to do little pass offs to a team mate 2 foot from then with their weaker foot. Maybe instead of doing stupid fcuking rabona training exercises or going home to play computer games like 5 year olds they could stay and work on their weaker foot for an hour after training for a month.

I came in for some criticism for criticising Son, but one thing i will say about that guy though his left is possibly his better foot he is genuinely two footed and I respect him for how hard he trains.

He can’t even kick the ball with his weaker foot.

Baleforce seems like a lovely bloke, but this is a man who also thinks we have the best team in the league every season. There seems to be a correlation with him rating players that don’t score often; Lamela, Bergwijn, Sissoko. I can only assume he doesn’t rate, Messi, Ronaldo or Pele :D

Baleforce seems like a lovely bloke, but this is a man who also thinks we have the best team in the league every season. There seems to be a correlation with him rating players that don’t score often; Lamela, Bergwijn, Sissoko. I can only assume he doesn’t rate, Messi, Ronaldo or Pele :D

Pele was brick, Fantasy Football League proved that in the 90’s.

This thread is a like a summary of the board, all absolutes.

Lamela is an extremely talented player that has a few flaws that stop him from truly being WC

- His injuries are obvious, I don't think it was helped by training style of previous manager (As Lamela trains how he plays)
- He is one footed, personally I think way too much is made of it (e.g. nobody spent 5 pages bitching and posting screen shots about Bale missing a far post tap in that he went for with his left when his right was the better option)
- He has a tendency to hold on to the ball too long and run into dead ends (something he has gotten much better at this run of games, it's a flaw Dele & Lucas share)
- He should score more, the ability is there, sometimes handicapped by the left foot thing, sometimes it's just confidence based on injuries, sometimes the manager just makes him a workhorse

On the positive

- He can ghost past players as well as most players in the game
- His passing is extremely good, he pushes the tempo of the game.
- Strength on the ball (again, seems more recent, maybe linked to actually being fit) is amazing (recent run with ball against West Ham as example), he very rarely gets pushed off ball
- Attitude, this guy fudging plays like it's a CL final every fudging game, he plays like he's "one of our own"

The Scum game was a perfect example of Lamela, he showed up all his teammates bar one re application/effort, he changed the game, contributed heavily then did something silly that stopped it from being a MoM performance.

Someone said it earlier in this thread, if everyone in our team played like Lamela did, we would win the league, it's fudging true.

I'm going to start a conversation (perhaps in thread re squad) about how/why we have so few players that play like that.

Back