• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

if he comes back soon and plays as well as he did last season we'll win the league

Seriously? We've had five minutes of sunshine from this kid since he signed. He scored on the opening day and apart from that was pretty in-effectual right up until he got injured. Son all day long for me.

Seriously? We've had five minutes of sunshine from this kid since he signed. He scored on the opening day and apart from that was pretty in-effectual right up until he got injured. Son all day long for me.
Only five minutes? I guess you're right. He's a waste of space. Provides nothing to the team but a Goth Glare. He's nothing more than a lazy Carlos Kickabouts. No graft. No guile. No effort. No left foot. Waste of 30 million. If someone offers us 2 million I'll drive him to the airport. I had that Jim Davidson in the back of my Uber last week.

Injured without trace.

This happens occasionally, and sometimes a player's drug infraction goes unreported. The two are never related, allegedly - except when it comes out later.

No suggestion that Erik is anything other than what has been released by the club.

Lamela's sudden injury problem is a real mystery. He doesn't even update his progress anymore. Even his return date has been changed multiple times. Makes you wonder why.

Lamela's sudden injury problem is a real mystery. He doesn't even update his progress anymore. Even his return date has been changed multiple times. Makes you wonder why.
He's training by himself doing recovery work, but at least another week away from the first team. Relax, your poster boy is okay.

Sure, if you're looking for a mystery it might look like a mystery. Otherwise it seems perfectly... non-mysterious.

Pochettino gave an update posted in this thread not that long ago.

Sure, if you're looking for a mystery it might look like a mystery. Otherwise it seems perfectly... non-mysterious.

Pochettino gave an update posted in this thread not that long ago.
Lots of athletes (and people) get injuries that seem mysterious. There is a rehabilitation mode called Muscle Activation Technique (MAT - https://muscleactivation.com/about-us/what-is-mat/)that posits that many injuries are expressions of muscles weakness in other parts of the body. This is due to muscles 'falling asleep' and not doing their job so that other muscles take over. Eventually we run pout of compensatory support and an injury manifests. This happened to me with a back injury that could not be fixed by ANY treatment until I had MAT which revealed that my feet had locked up - along with many other muscles. Once these muscles had been 'woken up' my back 'injury' disappeared.

Lots of athletes (and people) get injuries that seem mysterious. There is a rehabilitation mode called Muscle Activation Technique (MAT - https://muscleactivation.com/about-us/what-is-mat/)that posits that many injuries are expressions of muscles weakness in other parts of the body. This is due to muscles 'falling asleep' and not doing their job so that other muscles take over. Eventually we run pout of compensatory support and an injury manifests. This happened to me with a back injury that could not be fixed by ANY treatment until I had MAT which revealed that my feet had locked up - along with many other muscles. Once these muscles had been 'woken up' my back 'injury' disappeared.
So what's the mystery with Lamella? Poch said he's recovering and training but not yet quite ready to play. We all know Poch doesn't rush players back. Nothing more to it....

So what's the mystery with Lamella? Poch said he's recovering and training but not yet quite ready to play. We all know Poch doesn't rush players back. Nothing more to it....
It seems that the mystery is a... mystery. I was suggesting that perhaps his hip 'injury' is an expression of a muscle weakness/weaknesses elsewhere. I am surprised that all professional sports do not employ MAT as a rehab and injury prevention modality.

Only five minutes? I guess you're right. He's a waste of space. Provides nothing to the team but a Goth Glare. He's nothing more than a lazy Carlos Kickabouts. No graft. No guile. No effort. No left foot. Waste of 30 million. If someone offers us 2 million I'll drive him to the airport. I had that Jim Davidson in the back of my Uber last week.

Don't verbal me! That is what we in the trade refer to as hyperbole!

You all voted in the "What's the latest reason for Lamela's continued absence" poll, and here are the results:

- Bad nose 37%

- Gone orange 52%

- Sudden fit of growling 11%

Stay tuned for more updates

You all voted in the "What's the latest reason for Lamela's continued absence" poll, and here are the results:

- Bad nose 37%

- Gone orange 52%

- Sudden fit of growling 11%

Stay tuned for more updates
Does 'bad nose' mean Wheelchairitis?

Back