• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I aint no Sheikh-but lets talk weather

I know you put these April figures up but wasn't May similar? Think I read somewhere that the UK figures blew previous records out of the water?

Plus there were way above norm temps up in Siberia. Some daily temp days there had beaten previous records by something silly like 14oC .
Melting the permafrost up there. Not good as a lot of infrastructure is built on it.

I have a friend who is a plumber. He’s training to fit air con in houses - reckons it will become a must have in the UK over the next decade.
Without a doubt. I have it included in the plans for my own house.

If you are using a heatpump for heating and/or DHW then some can be run in reverse to extract heat from the house. I'm not sure how effective this is but every little helps. And I also think shutters like those you see on windows in the med countries will become more commonplace too.

The faster we get to using renewables for all electricity production the better as cooling will send demand way up.

Without a doubt. I have it included in the plans for my own house.

If you are using a heatpump for heating and/or DHW then some can be run in reverse to extract heat from the house. I'm not sure how effective this is but every little helps. And I also think shutters like those you see on windows in the med countries will become more commonplace too.

The faster we get to using renewables for all electricity production the better as cooling will send demand way up.

I have shutters in my bedroom and it still gets pretty toasty in the evening but it does face due west and gets a good frazzle late afternoon.

But definitely, I plan to install air con when I move - it's not really that expensive to put in and I'm surprised more people don't have it. Most people could get away with just having it to cool a couple of rooms rather than whole house.

I could count on one hand how many dry days Glasgow has had since end of April.
And the temp has seldom been above 18.

I dont doubt the fact that temperatures are rising as they have done many times in the history of the planet.

I just don't like religion whether it's GHod's or environmental brick

I'm the opposite, I could count on one hand the amount of rainy days since April.

Filthy hot today.

How is your sweetcorn doing? Ours that we planted out has stunted, we still have some cobs but not as much as we should.

Butternut squash looks very good, sweet potatoes have lots of foliage some hoping all is well under the soil.

Back