• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I aint no Sheikh-but lets talk weather

Just to say, what a massive fanny Sheikh is if he's done one due to disagreeing with folk!!

Me and him had MAJOR falling out and then exchanged PM's that were cordial....nice fella! The nature of forums is people will be less tolerant and more aggressive than in the real world, its a shame.

He brought a house and is totally re-rennovating it, he hasnt had time to come on here

try working on an open building site !

I spent some unbelievably raw days on building sites in winter, some self inflicted (in my younger days like many young bloods I'd rather spend my my money on beer and chasing birds than appropriate winter gear), some just down to the sheer frickin' cold. I've picked up and carried several 7.5 and 9.0 Newton rain lashed then frozen concrete blocks at a time up ladders on my shoulder, not even realising at the time I'd caught and cut myself because I was so cold and numb, worked on building sites on scaffolds where the wind cut you in half almost literally, and this is only down south, it's not even proper cold down here compared to parts of Britain. The thickest gloves we wore were Marigolds, anything else got soaked through or if they were thicker meant loss of feel when trying to pick things up. Winter can be fudging purgatory to those working outside.

I work outside every day, lucky not on a fudging building site (though i have done my share of it).. but as i chose to do what i do now and run my own business doing it i make sure i have the right kit and if it gets really bricky i have my truck sit and smoke in (but the dog stays out side)

Settled on the gardens and paths, roads got gritted last night so are clear.

Anybody got any snow yet, Im in North Essex and weve got nothing as yet, sky isnt looking snowy either currently

Had a few flakes at 16:13 which was pretty good going by the local forecaster as it was forecast for 16:00, since then nothing but people are cancelling things anyway. We're a pussy nation now.

Its snowing here n love it. Although had one clam throw a snowball at the window.

Could have been a number of clams not just one.

Just starting to snow in the Wharf, but only lightly. Meant to get heavier overnight, but hopefully will be sorted by Monday so won't have an impact for work.

Back