• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hulk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no fan of Hulk.
There's really not a lot in Jason Burt's article. I cant see Levy paying what Zenit want.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...riker-Hulk-as-Spurs-close-in-on-30m-deal.html

Spurs are hoping to secure three more signings before the transfer window closes on September 2.

There will also be several departures, with Gareth Bale’s move to Real Madrid the most high-profile for a world-record fee. Spurs – still smarting at missing out on Willian to Chelsea – would prefer to secure their two attacking players before releasing Bale but Real are pushing hard for an announcement to be made within the next couple of days.

A deal is in place for Spurs to sign Roma forward Erik Lamela, believed to be worth around £26 million, equalling the club’s transfer record, and they are again bidding for Steaua Bucharest central defender Vlad Chiriches who they value at £7.5 million.

Hulk has long been admired by head coach Andre Villas-Boas, who worked with the 27-year-old forward at Porto, although any deal hinges on his current club, Zenit St Petersburg, lowering their demands. The Russians have been demanding closer to £40 million.

In Tottenham’s favour is the fact that Hulk wants to reunite with Villas-Boas even though the club is not in the Champions League.

Spurs are considering other options if a deal cannot be agreed for Hulk including Lamela’s team-mate Miralem Pjanic, an attacking midfielder. While it is unlikely that Roma would sell the Bosnian international having already allowed Pablo Osvaldo to join Southampton, that position could change if they follow up their interest in Chelsea’s Demba Ba.

Another option for Spurs could be CSKA Moscow’s Russian international Alan Dzagoev who was offered to them last year. Spurs will also monitor how much playing time Juan Mata gets at Chelsea now that Jose Mourinho is signing Willian. Spurs have already recouped £23 million this summer and if they secure their targets, one of Jermain Defoe or Emmanuel Adebayor could be sold – the likelihood is the former – and there are question marks over Aaron Lennon's future as well.

just in case you didn't see the link i posted earlier
[video=youtube;OcLBrg_mGB0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OcLBrg_mGB0[/video]

[video=youtube;OcLBrg_mGB0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OcLBrg_mGB0[/video]

Youtube videos mean nothing. I have heard so much about this bloke but he has always been a massive disappointment and I've seen him probably between 5 and 10 times at various points since he joined Porto, for them, Zenit and Brazil.

that's a great video - based purely on that he looks like he could very much fill a Bale shaped hole. although his form since he transferred to Zenit and the cost it would take leaves me doubtful we'd realistically be in for him

I hope we go for Hulk, he's the kind of guy to bring a bit of quality to the team if we miss out on Willian. Only thing is, I would hope he and Lamela can fit in the same team. If so then get him in.

I hope we go for Hulk, he's the kind of guy to bring a bit of quality to the team if we miss out on Willian. Only thing is, I would hope he and Lamela can fit in the same team. If so then get him in.

Lamela can play in the hole so if we signed Hulk is suspect Lamela would pay off Soldado in a free role with Hulk and Chadli either sidel

Couldnt we play it like
Soldado
chadli-lamela-hulk ?
Would seem a good attack! Also, i think AVB could get the best out of him! he seems like a player that could be quiet in a game and then pop up and produce something class! (much like Bale did in some games last season)

Lamela can play in the hole so if we signed Hulk is suspect Lamela would pay off Soldado in a free role with Hulk and Chadli either sidel

Hmmm...I really like Chadli but something about him so far says wouldn't rely on him as a key player in a season we hope to make a big push towards something.

If we could have Hulk and Lamela in behind Soldado in a 4-3-3 that would be pretty sweet, but I'm not sure that works and gets the best out of both. Therefore I can see Hulk being a no go.

Couldnt we play it like
Soldado
chadli-lamela-hulk ?
Would seem a good attack! Also, i think AVB could get the best out of him! he seems like a player that could be quiet in a game and then pop up and produce something class! (much like Bale did in some games last season)

I wonder how much supply Soldado would get under this line up . The ball would have been probably banged to the row Z by Lamela or Hulk instead of passing to the box

I'm no fan of Hulk.
There's really not a lot in Jason Burt's article. I cant see Levy paying what Zenit want.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...riker-Hulk-as-Spurs-close-in-on-30m-deal.html

Spurs are hoping to secure three more signings before the transfer window closes on September 2.

There will also be several departures, with Gareth Bale’s move to Real Madrid the most high-profile for a world-record fee. Spurs – still smarting at missing out on Willian to Chelsea – would prefer to secure their two attacking players before releasing Bale but Real are pushing hard for an announcement to be made within the next couple of days.

A deal is in place for Spurs to sign Roma forward Erik Lamela, believed to be worth around £26 million, equalling the club’s transfer record, and they are again bidding for Steaua Bucharest central defender Vlad Chiriches who they value at £7.5 million.

Hulk has long been admired by head coach Andre Villas-Boas, who worked with the 27-year-old forward at Porto, although any deal hinges on his current club, Zenit St Petersburg, lowering their demands. The Russians have been demanding closer to £40 million.

In Tottenham’s favour is the fact that Hulk wants to reunite with Villas-Boas even though the club is not in the Champions League.

Spurs are considering other options if a deal cannot be agreed for Hulk including Lamela’s team-mate Miralem Pjanic, an attacking midfielder. While it is unlikely that Roma would sell the Bosnian international having already allowed Pablo Osvaldo to join Southampton, that position could change if they follow up their interest in Chelsea’s Demba Ba.

Another option for Spurs could be CSKA Moscow’s Russian international Alan Dzagoev who was offered to them last year. Spurs will also monitor how much playing time Juan Mata gets at Chelsea now that Jose Mourinho is signing Willian. Spurs have already recouped £23 million this summer and if they secure their targets, one of Jermain Defoe or Emmanuel Adebayor could be sold – the likelihood is the former – and there are question marks over Aaron Lennon's future as well.

hoooly ****, yo KD....WTF!!!??? What are waiting for man

are you sure about this guy? they offered him up and we didnt bite!!!

i know we have money now, but **** this would be a lot of money for a good player. I think there is better value and better players for his proposed price tag. However AVB knows him and I would trust that over my own judgement.

It's because the article is most probably a crock of ****e and they didn't offer him. He's their captain and they're about to lose Honda to Milan so i don't know if they'd lose both of them in one window (altough he would be my number one target.

People on here saying he is average?

:ross:

The man is far from it. He has had an unhappy year at Zenit and it is no surprise that he wants out, I wouldn't be surprised if he was forced to move there through this third party BS. I doubt very much it would happen but my word, if he was offered to me for £30-35m I'd take him in a heartbeat, get him happy again and you'll get him performing again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back