• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

I just watched MOTD2... not sure why but I was bored
Anyway... for that first goal Hugo starts back pedalling just as the cross is made. Why is he taking charge? I mean it’s his job, it’s his responsibility and he is more than experienced or capable of doing so
The guy is so much better than this
And then claimed a much harder cross coming through a crowd of players later in the match.

He looked "scared". Now I'm not saying it is a conscious thing. We don't know what could be going on in his life off the pitch.

I think you're being overly harsh tbh Bedford. The cross from Bowen was nicely shaped into the space (he had plenty of time with Reggie taken out), Hugo'd have had to go through several players from both sides to claim/punch the ball when it was at catchable height - considering Antonio ends up volleying it. And he made the first save, it was a little unlucky it fell perfectly for Antonio and not to Tanganga or Dier to clear.

I think you're being overly harsh tbh Bedford. The cross from Bowen was nicely shaped into the space (he had plenty of time with Reggie taken out), Hugo'd have had to go through several players from both sides to claim/punch the ball when it was at catchable height - considering Antonio ends up volleying it. And he made the first save, it was a little unlucky it fell perfectly for Antonio and not to Tanganga or Dier to clear.

antonio toe poked it almost in the same spot Hugo was before he started back pedalling
Hugo goes forwards there and uses his hands and he has a real chance of dealing with it
Instead he steps backwards with 4 steps and that’s it... he does it too often now

He should have claimed it at the near side corner of the 6yd box for me, that gets him to the ball at a catchable height before it’s anywhere near the bundle of players, there is a clear path for him to move into.

antonio toe poked it almost in the same spot Hugo was before he started back pedalling
Hugo goes forwards there and uses his hands and he has a real chance of dealing with it
Instead he steps backwards with 4 steps and that’s it... he does it too often now
Except it wasn't it, he saved it. They then get the follow up and it counts for nothing.

Hugo's had some below average outings recently, but I don't think the goalkeeper is the problem with that goal. When you give a guy forever and a day to shape one into the box, and you don't track runners across the face of goal, you're going to be in trouble.

Generally this season he hasn’t inspired confidence and that could be affecting an already poor defence

Also he should never still be captain after the drunk driving matter
Bad mistake by Poch

He should have claimed it at the near side corner of the 6yd box for me, that gets him to the ball at a catchable height before it’s anywhere near the bundle of players, there is a clear path for him to move into.

If it was a one off I’d get it
It’s regularly happening now

Except it wasn't it, he saved it. They then get the follow up and it counts for nothing.

Hugo's had some below average outings recently, but I don't think the goalkeeper is the problem with that goal. When you give a guy forever and a day to shape one into the box, and you don't track runners across the face of goal, you're going to be in trouble.
Big difference between the ball hitting you abs you saving it IMO
He didn’t save it. The shot hit him as he was falling

Generally this season he hasn’t inspired confidence and that could be affecting an already poor defence

Also he should never still be captain after the drunk driving matter
Bad mistake by Poch
He was brilliant up until 6/7 games ago
But as soon as we have gone more attacking he has gone backwards, literally

Big difference between the ball hitting you abs you saving it IMO
He didn’t save it. The shot hit him as he was falling
I disagree, plenty of point blank saves are about positioning yourself to be able to get in the way, basically, which he does. If it comes off his leg and Tanganga can clear, the narrative would be a little different imo.

I disagree, plenty of point blank saves are about positioning yourself to be able to get in the way, basically, which he does. If it comes off his leg and Tanganga can clear, the narrative would be a little different imo.
Yeah their called lucky saves
I mean falling over and having the ball poked in your direction isn’t a coachable skill

All keepers make mistakes even the great ones, but Lloris is making far more then he used to and as a ex defender i would hate to have to play in front of a keeper who you can not trust. Not excusing our CBs but knowing that you have no idea if you keeper is coming out for the ball or staying stuck on his line is not going to give confidence.

Can not remember him having such a poor season as he has this year.

All keepers make mistakes even the great ones, but Lloris is making far more then he used to and as a ex defender i would hate to have to play in front of a keeper who you can not trust. Not excusing our CBs but knowing that you have no idea if you keeper is coming out for the ball or staying stuck on his line is not going to give confidence.

Can not remember him having such a poor season as he has this year.

I think that's a bit harsh. @Bedfordspurs is right, up to 6 or 7 games ago, I thought he was having a great season. And he'd been excellent at the back end of last year after a couple of dodgy seasons before that. The mistake at Palace wasn't as bad as it looked but it was his mistake and probably the first big one he made this season. Since then, he's looked ropey time and time again. I remember pointing out how good he had been halfway through the season and one or two posters said he was one of the beneficiaries of the ultra defensive system Jose had implemented. I didn't buy it at the time but they look like they were right.

I still have confidence in Hugo but it's starting to feel that it's borne out of loyalty more than genuine expectation at this point.

I think that's a bit harsh. @Bedfordspurs is right, up to 6 or 7 games ago, I thought he was having a great season. And he'd been excellent at the back end of last year after a couple of dodgy seasons before that. The mistake at Palace wasn't as bad as it looked but it was his mistake and probably the first big one he made this season. Since then, he's looked ropey time and time again. I remember pointing out how good he had been halfway through the season and one or two posters said he was one of the beneficiaries of the ultra defensive system Jose had implemented. I didn't buy it at the time but they look like they were right.

I still have confidence in Hugo but it's starting to feel that it's borne out of loyalty more than genuine expectation at this point.
He is still generally a good shot stopper
But he deals with crosses like a Vampire

Back