• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

To me it's more about shots a top keeper should stop with some frequency at least. The first one I'd expected top level Lloris to stop the vast majority of the time. He did that annoying keeper thing of jumping slightly just before the shot. If he didn't I think he saves it.

pelanty and Richarlison I agree with.

Last two i would expect a top goalkeeper saving at least a decent number of times. Yes he would be bailing us out, but that's what top goalkeepers do with a fairly good frequency.

The three of those in one game is not a good look. As I said before hopefully just one of those days as I think his shot stopping has been very good this season. If this becomes a pattern we're in trouble, or even more trouble than we're already in.
I disagree about the 4th and 5th I think.... unless his positioning was wrong and covering too much of the near post for the 4th. I think they were both just great strikes.

@Bedfordspurs I remember seeing these stats and it making me doubt Pope's suitability a bit. It suggests he doesn't challenge for the ball often and when he does he often drops it. That's not the sort of play that will instill confidence in a defence. Otherwise what I've seen of him I do rate.

honestly... that’s nothing like what I see
He commands his box so well and comes for everything
But he did have a poor spell last season and this season they had a poor start as a team
I’d also be interested to know what is judged as claimable

Donnarumma of Milan is out of contract this summer ... we should be all over that
I'd be amazed if he left Milan, but yes we should definitely be all over it if he is leaving. Although think he's got Raiola as his agent which is a no no for Levy I think.

Hugo is still a very good goalkeeper who makes outstanding reaction saves like the one in the first half before their goal. Makes it harder to understand how he makes the mistakes he has been making this year especially. Biggest surprise for me though is how much he stays pinned to his line instead of coming out and closing the angle for oncoming opponents before they get a shot away, makes it a lot easier for them to score.

For the last few years Lloris' technique has often been to fall backwards onto his heels, so he is slightly falling back as he saves it.

I think this is natural because it gives you a fraction of a second more reaction time, but it does mean your momentum is going backwards and you can end up parrying the ball weakly as you fall into your own net.

Seems like a better/ stronger/ more proactive move is to slightly go forwards and attack the ball as the shot happens, so that when you contact it you are pushing it away and also falling into play (rather than back into your own net).

A bit like penalty saves, the keeper will always be trying to have forwards momentum and push it out. Or like the Schmeichel star jump when he comes rushing out with all limbs extended, trying to get some positive touch on the ball.

Going forward to close off angles... Is a best guess kind a thing.

I think loris loves to depend on his excellent reaction but everyone game shows that close if may be impossible.... Or loris doesn't realise his reaction and response time isn't what they used to be

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Wasn't there another period in Lloris' time with Spurs, where he had a dodgy spell due to the crap defending in front of him? And his form improved when the defence improved?

The problem isnt necessarily Lloris - the bigger issue is that we dont have a credible number 2. If we did we would drop Lloris for the next game

He's finished. Second should've been a straightforward stop with his feet. The defence is bad enough without having a keeper behind them they can't have confidence in

See above post. With a competent back-up, we'd be fine. We cant expect all players to be on form all the time. Thats why you have a squad rather than 11 players

See above post. With a competent back-up, we'd be fine. We cant expect all players to be on form all the time. Thats why you have a squad rather than 11 players
You don’t alternate the keeper
That’s now why his game Ha stone
His games gone as he literally spends too much time going backwards on his feet

You don’t alternate the keeper
That’s now why his game Ha stone
His games gone as he non-figuratively spends too much time going backwards on his feet

I'm not saying you alternate, but you need a back-up for when he loses form. We dont have one

It’s not form
It’s his technique
Since his Brighton injury he has played on his back foot and comes for nothing now

His technique has been fine for the last decade. It hasnt suddenly vanished

Its form. We just need a credible back-up keeper, rather than Joe hart

A goalkeeper back up is generally only used if an injury happens and in cup games.
I wouldn't mind Lloris as the backup if we got a top class keeper in.

A goalkeeper back up is generally only used if an injury happens and in cup games.

Depends on the gulf in class between no1 and no 2. Chelsea has dropped keeper for form on various occassions. We simply dont ahve the option to do so

His technique has been fine for the last decade. It hasnt suddenly vanished

Its form. We just need a credible back-up keeper, rather than Joe hart
His technique has changed massively
He was a sweeper keeper
He can’t do that anymore as he is on his back foot all the time
It’s a technique. I’ve don’t keeper coaching and it’s a style of play, just not a good one. It’s how De Gea plays too (the vampire)

Back