• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

I'd like to know why he's rooted on our line like a statue for literally everything coming into our box now. It seems deliberate, but it makes absolutely no sense to me. We concede about 15 corners a game - if the goalie comes out and catches/punches ten of those, we only have about five that the defense needs to clear, usually too far out for the goalie to get to anyway.

If we're sitting deep like absolute sh*ts giving set pieces away, it would help to have an assertive keeper who owns his box. He used to be a sweeper keeper, our Hugo - why on Earth is he sitting on his line like he's been chained to the crossbar?

I'd like to know why he's rooted on our line like a statue for non-figuratively everything coming into our box now. It seems deliberate, but it makes absolutely no sense to me. We concede about 15 corners a game - if the goalie comes out and catches/punches ten of those, we only have about five that the defense needs to clear, usually too far out for the goalie to get to anyway.

If we're sitting deep like absolute sh*ts giving set pieces away, it would help to have an assertive keeper who owns his box. He used to be a sweeper keeper, our Hugo - why on Earth is he sitting on his line like he's been chained to the crossbar?

I generally agree based on recent performances.

But for the goal tonight, if you are running zone the near post man clears it, if man, the marker of the near post runner does, I don't think that ball was ever within his sphere, that goal was 100% Davies imo.

I generally agree based on recent performances.

But for the goal tonight, if you are running zone the near post man clears it, if man, the marker of the near post runner does, I don't think that ball was ever within his sphere, that goal was 400% Davies imo.

I agree on the goal - that was Davies losing his man. But this is a broader problem that I've been seeing for a while now. It was most prominent in the Palace game where, on the free kick that led to the goal, he backed off, backed off, backed off until he was almost *behind* the goal line, the ball hits him, he falls over while backpedaling and Schlupp taps in the rebound.

Like I said, he can't come out for everything - some situations are too far for the keeper to safely get to. But he doesn't come out for *anything* now - just stands on the line like a statue.

When I watch other keepers - Leno, Mendy, Ederson, Allisson, even the schmucks like Guaita, Johnstone and Meslier - it's so reassuring to the defence to see a keeper confidently coming out and claiming anything put into the six-yard box.

By contrast, it must be nervy as hell trying to defend balls looped into that area knowing that the slightest touch could send it into the net - while the keeper just stands like a stone carving on his line.

Its something i have remarked on over the last few games, i can not believe a manager has told him to stick to the line like he is doing now. It make the defenders job harder when they know the keeper is not going to help them out.

So thats potentially Kane, Son and Lloris with new contracts aswell as Toby already signing one.

I’d like to cash in on him and get a more reliable keeper in the summer, even if they don’t make the wonder saves he does i’d rather have someone who does the basics well. Competition for his place might have been handier than a cheerleader too.

We have a million areas we should focus on improving before we worry about our keeper.
Hart's displays have already shown our lucky we are to have Hugo.

I think we need to improve the back-up to Lloris because of what you say. Imagine if Lloris was out for 2-3 months and we had to start with Hart!

Ideally sign someone who can compete with Lloris and eventualyl succeed him

I think we need to improve the back-up to Lloris because of what you say. Imagine if Lloris was out for 2-3 months and we had to start with Hart!

Ideally sign someone who can compete with Lloris and eventualyl succeed him
Or we get brave and sell Hugo and bring in a keeper for the future now
Someone who commands the area for a start
Hugo has been great this season but yesterday was woeful (maybe that’s why Aurier dug him out) and has had a few examples this season of not coming for balls that most keepers would.
his brick stooping has been great though

Or we get brave and sell Hugo and bring in a keeper for the future now
Someone who commands the area for a start
Hugo has been great this season but yesterday was woeful (maybe that’s why Aurier dug him out) and has had a few examples this season of not coming for balls that most keepers would.
his brick stooping has been great though
Release Hart in the summer (no idea why we signed him in the first place) and get a genuine challenger for Lloris. Now is the time for the hard decisions sentiment should play no part. Lloris has always had that habit of doing something just a bit brick and it tends to be in the bigger more high profile games.

Release Hart in the summer (no idea why we signed him in the first place) and get a genuine challenger for Lloris. Now is the time for the hard decisions sentiment should play no part. Lloris has always had that habit of doing something just a bit brick and it tends to be in the bigger more high profile games.
Exactly this. He is lauded as a World Cup winner but he still managed to fudge up in the biggest game of his career!

Back