• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Lacazette scored a belter from distance last night, he will be licking his lips if Hart plays.
I can't fathom why Hart tried to save the shot with his forearm, I've never seen that technique before.
Every keeper knows you should get your body behind the ball, if that is impossible you get both hands, if that is impossible you get one hand... but your forearm?!

Hart is fine close up and on crosses. But long shots he's a liability and his kicking is appalling

Gazza is just prone to mistakes, flapping at crosses and I think is equally crap with his feet.

I'd probably go with Hart on balance if lloris is out, but PEH and Sissoko and the CBs need to be preventing long-shots as much as possible

Lacazette scored a belter from distance last night, he will be licking his lips if Hart plays.
I can't fathom why Hart tried to save the shot with his forearm, I've never seen that technique before.
Every keeper knows you should get your body behind the ball, if that is impossible you get both hands, if that is impossible you get one hand... but your forearm?!

That attempted forearm save was trolling plain and simple. In all my life watching football I have never at any level seen that. You'd have no control over where the ball would go when it made contact (as demonstrated). Worse thing is he's got hands the size of shovels so fudging use them.

I’m hoping it’s some of those famous Jose mind games. The thought of Hugo and maybe Harry not making the NLD may limit my sleep tonight especially with Hart the likely replacement.
Yeah, I'd be worried if Hart has to replace both Hugo and Harry! Not sure he's got the stamina for that. Then again, arsenal barely have any shots on target, so he may as well just stay upfront.

It must have been a massive boost to the team if it really was touch and go if he’d play today, thought he looked to be grimacing a couple of times when the camera flashed on him - did everything required today and I thought it was an important save when he smuggled the Lacazette header around the post.

It must have been a massive boost to the team if it really was touch and go if he’d play today, thought he looked to be grimacing a couple of times when the camera flashed on him - did everything required today and I thought it was an important save when he smuggled the Lacazette header around the post.

I noticed that as well, seemed to be in pain over something.

Jose will love him even more .. Jose loves nothing more than a player who sick/unfit/whatever is still willing to step up when the team needs him.

Jose will love him even more .. Jose loves nothing more than a player who sick/unfit/whatever is still willing to step up when the team needs him.

Indeed, what i did notice yesterday was Jose during his interview before the game talking about the absence of Ndombele, he said the player had said he did not feel well enough to play ( and Jose stressed that it was the player who decided not him). Not saying it really means anything but to me it sounded a strange thing to say.

Indeed, what i did notice yesterday was Jose during his interview before the game talking about the absence of Ndombele, he said the player had said he did not feel well enough to play ( and Jose stressed that it was the player who decided not him). Not saying it really means anything but to me it sounded a strange thing to say.
Yeah I thought that was a dig when I read it.
It’s a difficult one as there are times when electing not to play is the right decision if you are not going to be capable of putting in a performance, or will have to come off early (see Partey, getting pelters for coming off yet probably pushed himself to be available for this game) or ending up with a longer absence due to aggravating a minor injury.
I’m sure Mourinho made similar comments about Ndombele last season too.

Yeah I thought that was a dig when I read it.
It’s a difficult one as there are times when electing not to play is the right decision if you are not going to be capable of putting in a performance, or will have to come off early (see Partey, getting pelters for coming off yet probably pushed himself to be available for this game) or ending up with a longer absence due to aggravating a minor injury.
I’m sure Mourinho made similar comments about Ndombele last season too.
It came across as a dig IMO.
But it may be the timing for it was a frustration for Jose
They had to drop Lo Celso in and jump winks up onto the bench

That was a good stop and he look assured all game. Also held onto a header early on that if he'd spilled we'd have been in trouble. Of course, it's nice playing in this system if you're a defender or keeper but Hugo looks top notch at the moment when he's asked to do anything.

Back