• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

First defo should have done better. Wasn't an easy save though. Second he didn't cover his near post, but was a hard save. Not ready to 'throw him under the bus' quite yet.

The second one I think it tanganga that more at fault, he stands waiting on the ball coming to him instead of attacking it.
And if Hugo had been off his line as people wanted his view would have been blocked by tanganga.

First defo should have done better. Wasn't an easy save though. Second he didn't cover his near post, but was a hard save. Not ready to 'throw him under the bus' quite yet.

It’s not just one mistake though. He has made a series of embarrassing blunders this season, one of which unfortunately for him and us led to him being injured long term. Not to mention he has made numerous high profile blunders in big games for Spurs and France. As others have pointed out, we are not good enough to cover for his mistakes. Rafa Nadal struggles with confidence issues apparently strange as that sounds. Wouldn’t surprise me if Lloris had similar issues. He just looks like a bag of nerves before and during the game.

It’s not just one mistake though. He has made a series of embarrassing blunders this season, one of which unfortunately for him and us led to him being injured long term. Not to mention he has made numerous high profile blunders in big games for Spurs and France. As others have pointed out, we are not good enough to cover for his mistakes. Rafa Nadal struggles with confidence issues apparently strange as that sounds. Wouldn’t surprise me if Lloris had similar issues. He just looks like a bag of nerves before and during the game.

All keepers make some mistakes. I agree he's had a few this season. Again, getting a stable team, stable with the manager. They will all help us be a bit more certain and focused. We need a No. 2 who can compete with Hugo. Not sure if we can bring in someone better with our existing requirements and budget.

Yet more mistakes, we actually started the game well and then he let a soft one in and what confidence we had started to decline, and then once the second mistake happened it was game over.

Eight years he has been here and for a lot of that time he has been a top keeper but the mistakes are happening nearly every game now. I know we have a lot of positions to try and strengthen in the summer but a new keeper is becoming a priority ( imo)

Yet more mistakes, we actually started the game well and then he let a soft one in and what confidence we had started to decline, and then once the second mistake happened it was game over.

Eight years he has been here and for a lot of that time he has been a top keeper but the mistakes are happening nearly every game now. I know we have a lot of positions to try and strengthen in the summer but a new keeper is becoming a priority ( imo)
It was a game that was calling out for our experienced players to step up, show their class, be the cooler heads in a difficult situation.

Call very much unanswered by our captain.

After his injury, when Gazzaniga was playing well, I thought the calls for Lloris to lose his place more permanently were way premature. Now... Not so sure. Hopefully with some more games he'll recover his form. If this continues for the rest of this season some hard questions have to be asked and answered by Mourinho and his staff.

Agreed. I wouldn’t call any of the goals mistakes from Lloris, but he could definitely have done better on both occations. I'm more worried about the calamitous defensive organisation leading up to the goals though. Poor positioning and closing down from several players. We looked so disorganised.

Which ever way you slice this Hugo is not doing well.
Can he come again?
Not sure.

I think he’s our best options still and we need to get the back four sorted for the rest of season as a priority!

Agreed. I wouldn’t call any of the goals mistakes from Lloris, but he could definitely have done better on both occations. I'm more worried about the calamitous defensive organisation leading up to the goals though. Poor positioning and closing down from several players. We looked so disorganised.

I agree that defenders are not really helping on a lot of occasions, however if you are a defender and you are worried about your keeper making mistakes it does not help you play at your best. Lloris has been our 3rd best keeper i have seen at the lane but he is making far more mistakes then he should be and has done in the past. IMO

I agree that defenders are not really helping on a lot of occasions, however if you are a defender and you are worried about your keeper making mistakes it does not help you play at your best. Lloris has been our 3rd best keeper i have seen at the lane but he is making far more mistakes then he should be and has done in the past. IMO

What about the keeper worrying about the six defenders making mistakes?
Unless I'm mistaken the guy closing downer the shooter was Lamela ffs.
Works both ways.
None of them are covering themselves in glory.

What about the keeper worrying about the six defenders making mistakes?
Unless I'm mistaken the guy closing downer the shooter was Lamela ffs.
Works both ways.
None of them are covering themselves in glory.

As you say it can work both ways but, if the keeper comes charging out for a ball because he has no faith in the defenders then you can excuse him for that ,however both goals last night were because Lloris was slow getting down to the ball and the one against Burnley was done to his poor handling as well.

As you say it can work both ways but, if the keeper comes charging out for a ball because he has no faith in the defenders then you can excuse him for that ,however both goals last night were because Lloris was slow getting down to the ball and the one against Burnley was done to his poor handling as well.

Or maybe he is so unsure where the next shot is coming from because his defence can't block shots or track runners he can't set himself.
Not defending him, he's been poor, but no worse than most.

Or maybe he is so unsure where the next shot is coming from because his defence can't block shots or track runners he can't set himself.
Not defending him, he's been poor, but no worse than most.

Keeper is the most important player on the pitch ( imo) and Lloris is not only letting the team down he is also ruining his own reputation. As i have said he is the 3rd best keeper i have seen here but he has been here 8 years and for whatever reason he is no longer that. Of course you can say the same for some of out other players, but from my experiance if you can not trust the keeper behind you as a player then you are in trouble.

I’m not his biggest fan but he was almost the difference between the two teams, we’d have lost 3-0 of the keepers has been swapped.

Obviously I'm going to jinx him but I think he's been excellent in the two games played. There's been numerous shots and crosses that I'm expecting to bounce off him but his handling has been excellent and he's holding on to the ball well. Made some decent saves too.
Keep it up Hugo.

Back