• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

must have spent his time off working on his kicking, didn't see one kick go out of play tonight, but not sure they went to where he aimed them

Did well last night and very nearly saved the pen. I think under Jose we will not insist on playing the ball around the back so much and that should help Lloris.

fingers crossed!

I do think that is what will happen, there seems to be plan to move the ball around faster over the last couple of games and i think it will improve. I loved Poch but watching us play under him lately was sleep inducing.

I do think that is what will happen, there seems to be plan to move the ball around faster over the last couple of games and I think it will improve. I loved Poch but watching us play under him lately was sleep inducing.

I bloody hope so, I tinkled the memsahib off last night swaring like a spoilt puppy in front of the TV:cool:

I do think that is what will happen, there seems to be plan to move the ball around faster over the last couple of games and i think it will improve. I loved Poch but watching us play under him lately was sleep inducing.
Absolutely agreed, from what I've seen recently. Looks like we're trying to ping the ball around quickly with one- and two-touch play, which seemed to have been lost under Poch's last season in charge. We're making mistakes and losing possession, sure, but it'll click at some point. The way DESK at their prime worked as a unit, hopefully so will Lo Celso, Son, Moura and Dele.

Absolutely agreed, from what I've seen recently. Looks like we're trying to ping the ball around quickly with one- and two-touch play, which seemed to have been lost under Poch's last season in charge. We're making mistakes and losing possession, sure, but it'll click at some point. The way DESK at their prime worked as a unit, hopefully so will Lo Celso, Son, Moura and Dele.
Dont think it will click until we get a striker, or at least get Kane back. Moura is clearly playing CF as he has jumping ability and we have clearly been asked to play it out from the back a lot less (mix it up) and to be fair to Moura he has won a lot of those headers but he is no target man. Lamela can’t provide width on the right as he has no right foot so plays more off Moura which means Dele has to play deeper which makes him less effective and when he does get closer we have huge gaps in the middle. Moura also doesn’t have the passing ability of Kane, so Son is less effective not to mention he is more about footwork trying to beat a player then occupying defenders leaving less space to run into.
Just strikes me that this is why José is talking about a CF and potentially unlocks a lot of our issues, I can see Moura potentially rotating with Son/Lamela if we had one.

Penalties.

before the midway point of last season my general feeling on Lloris with penalties is that he never gets anywhere near them. He for me looked like one of those Goalies who is an amazing reaction shot stopper but just not a keeper that looks like saving penalties. This was one area I felt that Gazza always had an edge on him. Gazza for me always looks like he can save a pen.

Now Lloris has saved 3 out of 4 premier league penalties in a row and the Champions league semi pen. Has Gazza helped him this? or our GK coaching?

After the game the panel I was watching spent a long time analysing if he was off his line before the pen was taken. I have not seen that much chat about that with other pens. So just something he will have to keep an eye on as they can VAR that and have it re-taken.

Amazing few games back for him. I was a bit sad that Gazza just got dropped straight. But Lloris is back with a bang.

It would be interesting to know if we were doing a better job of opposition research or if he was just in the right place at the right time.

Penalties.

before the midway point of last season my general feeling on Lloris with penalties is that he never gets anywhere near them. He for me looked like one of those Goalies who is an amazing reaction shot stopper but just not a keeper that looks like saving penalties. This was one area I felt that Gazza always had an edge on him. Gazza for me always looks like he can save a pen.

Now Lloris has saved 3 out of 4 premier league penalties in a row and the Champions league semi pen. Has Gazza helped him this? or our GK coaching?

After the game the panel I was watching spent a long time analysing if he was off his line before the pen was taken. I have not seen that much chat about that with other pens. So just something he will have to keep an eye on as they can VAR that and have it re-taken.

Amazing few games back for him. I was a bit sad that Gazza just got dropped straight. But Lloris is back with a bang.
Not sure what the law says but it looked tome like his back foot was still on the line as the kick was taken. Could not believe how much the Sky commentary tried to make something of it.

Back