• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

We have someone sitting on the bench who has been utterly steady when called upon.

You would have expected him to have saved everything that was hit at him in that game.

Gazzaniga isn't at Lloris' level. Make him first choice and we'll be calling for Lloris with a few games. The lad's decent but he's not in Hugo's league.

In the Dortmund game he made a lot of solid saves in the first half and one world class save diving to his left. In the second half, he stopped one with his feet which was a pretty good save.

I still have faith in him.

I understand the frustration, especially today, but one mistake, Alison had a few iffy moments today and got away with.
The annoying thing is we seldom seem to want to expose other keepers frailties.
Exactly.
First half Alisson tried to duck out of the way of the ball!!!
It still hit him in the face.

We should have been peppering the ball over the top onto the 18yard box - he was a howler waiting to happen today.
We need better game management, you cant always win by out footballing the opposition

Last edited:
Gazzaniga isn't at Lloris' level. Make him first choice and we'll be calling for Lloris with a few games. The lad's decent but he's not in Hugo's league.

In the Dortmund game he made a lot of solid saves in the first half and one world class save diving to his left. In the second half, he stopped one with his feet which was a pretty good save.

Gazzaniga is a fine back up

Hugo has had a really up and down season

For me he was outstanding va dortmund abs Leicester and won us the point vs arsenal

Today his game was fine but he was weak in that header and he has admitted it

Sometimes you just need to take someone out of the firing line and let them reset.

Exactly.
First half Alisson tried to duck out of the way of the ball!!!
It still hit him in the face.

We should have been peppering the ball over the top onto the 18yard box - he was a howler waiting to happen today.
We need better game management, you cant always win by out footballing the opposition

Look at how poorly he dealt with Kane’s shot

fudge me. How is this brick not being picked up on ffs! Surely we can amend his ‘distribution’ to address this? It’s not hard to see which passes where he’s always successful, and which where he always gives it away.
Jenas just highlighted on Match of the Day how our defenders were so lacking confidence in Lloris’ distribution today that they were actively avoiding passing back to him.

Could understand his head being not quite in the right place after the shameful drink driving incident but these continued errors combined with his less than top class distribution (if Alderweireld leaves this summer I dunno who’s going to play those quarterback passes, as Lloris ain’t going to suddenly turn into Ederson at his age) are making me lose faith in mon capitaine.

Jenas just highlighted on Match of the Day how our defenders were so lacking confidence in Lloris’ distribution today that they were actively avoiding passing back to him.

Could understand his head being not quite in the right place after the shameful drink driving incident but these continued errors combined with his less than top class distribution (if Alderweireld leaves this summer I dunno who’s going to play those quarterback passes, as Lloris ain’t going to suddenly turn into Ederson at his age) are making me lose faith in mon capitaine.

In the same way that we don't pay Eriksen to be a hard tackling destroyer or Sissoko to be a goal machine we aren't employing Hugo to be ball playing defender.
Very disappointed with JJs article on the BBC this morning, just what's needed more pressure piled on.

My mum would have held that ‘effort’ from Salah. Can’t blame the defenders.

If it was a one-off we’d all be happy to forget it. It’s definitely not.

We have someone sitting on the bench who has been utterly steady when called upon.

You would have expected him to have saved everything that was hit at him in that game.

Gaza was pretty poor the last couple of games he played and flappy against Arsenal.

I would not want him to be the clubs number 1

Gaza was pretty poor the last couple of games he played and flappy against Arsenal.

I would not want him to be the clubs number 1

Maybe not, but we are where we are until season’s end. Hugo has made another howler in a big game. He should be dropped or it helps to foster the wrong culture in the squad. We then deal with who’s club no.1 in the summer.

Maybe not, but we are where we are until season’s end. Hugo has made another howler in a big game. He should be dropped or it helps to foster the wrong culture in the squad. We then deal with who’s club no.1 in the summer.

I am not sure what would be more disruptive - changing the keeper or leaving him in.

What if Vorm/Gaza come in and throw one in?

I don't think Gazza is the answer, he'll do for a backup though. But we should be looking for a 'keeper now, even if we plan on keeping Hugo next season, it's clear he isn't as good as he was and will need to be replaced at some point. I hope it's sooner rather than later, yesterday was the last straw for me.

I am not sure what would be more disruptive - changing the keeper or leaving him in.

What if Vorm/Gaza come in and throw one in?

Firstly, I wouldn’t count on Vorm. He’s had chances and not taken them.

With Gaza, he could play and could throw one in - as could any keeper on any given day. He deserves a chance after yesterday, though, and after an inconsistent season for Hugo. If Gaza fudges up then we deal with that, but a message will have been sent to the squad.

It won’t happen, though. Poch’s biggest remaining flaw as a manager is his unwillingness to find a way to drop underperforming players - see Eriksen. There is no way he won’t have Hugo lead the team out at New WHL for the first game on Wednesday, even if his lack of concentration in the final moments of a game cost us dear three days earlier.

It won’t happen, though. Poch’s biggest remaining flaw as a manager is his unwillingness to find a way to drop underperforming players - see Eriksen. There is no way he won’t have Hugo lead the team out at New WHL for the first game on Wednesday, even if his lack of concentration in the final moments of a game cost us dear three days earlier.

What would be achieved? why would you drop your first choice for a critical and historic game if the backups are not even 50% the quality?

Hugo replace by Gazza? = no, Eriksen by who? Skipp? = no

Poch needs to play his best 11 on Wednesday, get them up for it and get 3 points in the bag before the horrible run of City 3X

What would be achieved? why would you drop your first choice for a critical and historic game if the backups are not even 50% the quality?

Hugo replace by Gazza? = no, Eriksen by who? Skipp? = no

Poch needs to play his best 11 on Wednesday, get them up for it and get 3 points in the bag before the horrible run of City 3X

There’s no evidence Gaza is 50% of the quality of Hugo. He’s been fine when called upon.

There are ways of dropping Eriksen which don’t involve playing Skipp. That said, if we are talking percentages, at least the youngster might give 100 - not something anyone can accuse Eriksen of lately.

There’s no evidence Gaza is 50% of the quality of Hugo. He’s been fine when called upon.

There are ways of dropping Eriksen which don’t involve playing Skipp. That said, if we are talking percentages, at least the youngster might give 100 - not something anyone can accuse Eriksen of lately.

As critical as I am of Lloris after yesterday, I wouldn't drop him right now. If we dropped him, the pressure on Gazza is immense and it makes the general atmosphere more chaotic imo. The summer is the time to do it I think, when we are reviewing the squad as a whole. At the very least, in the summer I'd like to see Kane be made captain and a phasing out of Lloris, even if we don't replace him as a priority.

Back