• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Firstly i have never believed in that Lloris is a world class keeper, he is a very good one no doubt but he has never reached the world class label for me. However i do not see that many keepers around that we could get to replace him ( at this time) so i see no reason he will not be our num one for a while yet.

World class is one of the most overused phrases used in football.
Hugo is our No.1 by a country mile and is now our Gazzaniga is our No.2.
He just needs to get back into the grove of play regularly.
Hugo and I are no fans of playing out from the back every bloody minute.

Someone mentioned Butland it was funny.

I don't know, some of his goal saving interventions are top 20 keeper material. He regularly saves goals and stops shots that 'should be' a goal. Without some of his sweeper moves, amazing shot stopping we would conceed more. Occasionally he gets the sweeping wrong, like when he was rusty against Barca, but it is extremely rare. It is amazing he doesn't make more bo bos. I don't think there are 20 other better keepers than him. Whether that makes him 'world class' or not I don't know?

I do agree he is in the top 20 of keepers in fact he is probably higher but world class? not for me.

I don’t agree he’s one of the top 3, I’d say top 5-10. I don’t think the Ballon d’Or is a great barometer, you’re still getting players like Benzema nominated for it...

For me, for most of the last decade Buffon, Neuer and Lloris have been the best 3 in the world. Courtois and De Gea have more recently emerged to replace the ageing Buffon and Neuer in the top 3. But I don't think anyone has got close to those 5 individuals this decade

With the balloon balls, high lines and backpass rules, you don't get the really great GKs of the 1950-90s anymore. All GKs appear to make a lot of mistakes. It's just because the job is a lot harder than it used to be (aside from the physical protection they now get).

I still say for the way we play their ain’t much better

Neur is the best sweeper keeper out there closely followed by City’s keeper

The lad at pool needs to prove himself this season and so far for me has still looked erratic but not at the kevenof his previous custodians

Best shot stopper is De Gea but his distribution is average and he doesn’t deal with anything off his line well

I’ve alwys like Handanivic and Oblak and I can’t believe Chelsea or pool didn’t go for one of these considering the money they paid

I’ll also put it out there that Donnarumma never turns out to be anything than decent ... Im Just speculating on what I’ve seen of him so far and his very young years

It may have already been mooted on here, but i'd heard a couple of weeks ago that the drink driving issue also revealed there was a certain lady friend in the car with him, and it def wasn't Mrs Lloris!
The club have kept a lot of that side of it from the press for fear of the extra bad publicity, and is partly why they let it all come down on him so hard for the drinking side of it (though i imagine they'd have done that regardless).

His wife is aware of the mystery friend and the rumours are she's gone apebrick and has told him she wants them to move back to France or risk their marriage (wasn't there a similar story with Giroud?).
Hugo has been doing his best to be a good boy and convince her to stay in London, but the relationship is currently very fractious.

Last edited:
It may have already been mooted on here, but i'd heard a couple of weeks ago that the drink driving issue also revealed they was a certain lady friend in the car with him, and it def wasn't Mrs Lloris!
The club have kept a lot of that side of it from the press for fear of the extra bad publicity, and is partly why they let it all come down on him so hard for the drinking side of it (though i imagine they'd have done that regardless).

His wife is aware of the mystery friend and the rumours are she's gone apebrick and has told him she wants them to move back to France or risk their marriage (wasn't there a similar story with Giroud?).
Hugo has been doing his best to be a good boy and convince her to stay in London, but the relationship is currently very fractious.
This would explain why he didn't get a cab.

Back