• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

I dont particularly recall Davies being a let down in big games? Other than that I agree....

Not in terms of mistakes but I fear for both of our full backs are neither are particularly quick. I rate Davies as a much better defender than Trippier who for me is poor in one-on-one situations and his positional sense isn't the best.

Couldn't possibly be a red card, clear goal scoring opportunity has to be denied. It was sterling through on goal so it certainly wasn't a clear goal scoring opportunity.

I haven't seen it again so I can't say if it's a red card tackle or not but if you come for the ball and don't get it then it has to go down as a mistake. Sounds harsh for a sweeper keeper but that's the way it is. He didn't cover himself in glory for their 3rd goal either. As Billy said, basic goalkeeping says it's a big no no to push the ball back into play. I'd say most on here and most Spurs fans are happy with Lloris but he can't keep making those kind of mistakes in big games and gifting goals. We may only get one or two chances to score against United on Saturday.

Not in terms of mistakes but I fear for both of our full backs are neither are particularly quick. I rate Davies as a much better defender than Trippier who for me is poor in one-on-one situations and his positional sense isn't the best.
Oh yeah, fair enough I used to worry about his lack of pace but he never seems to get a real roasting from any winger so I stopped worrying about it really. Trippier is a strange one, in some big games I expect him to struggle a bit but he actually has a really good game. I guess just have to accept he's a very good full back but not top class and will have the odd bad game against a real tough opponent, but all in all he is consistently of a good standard.....

I haven't seen it again so I can't say if it's a red card tackle or not but if you come for the ball and don't get it then it has to go down as a mistake. Sounds harsh for a sweeper keeper but that's the way it is. He didn't cover himself in glory for their 3rd goal either. As Billy said, basic goalkeeping says it's a big no no to push the ball back into play. I'd say most on here and most Spurs fans are happy with Lloris but he can't keep making those kind of mistakes in big games and gifting goals. We may only get one or two chances to score against United on Saturday.
The third goal came through at least two players and he saw it very late, so he had little time to adjust his body to get the power or angle to deflect or palm it away.

Hugo plays a high risk game so well. He almost never gets caught out sweeping. Not sure how he does it. For reaction saves he's up there close to the best too. Would he have saved United's winner? Quite possibly, or quite probably?

Back