• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

What a boost for Christmas. All the major players tied up now. Lets kick on now and finish the year strong with a nice win at Southampton

Great Christmas present :D

So only Lamela left and everyone is sorted for the long term (Lamela's actually got one till 2020, but is still on his 2013 terms)

Great Christmas present :D

So only Lamela left and everyone is sorted for the long term (Lamela's actually got one till 2020, but is still on his 2013 terms)

The article mentions Toby as well as Lamela. How long did Toby sign with us for? (*too lazy to look up*). Should we be expecting/hoping something from him as well?

Well done Daniel.

Have we ever before had so many of our first team squad simultaneously on long-term contracts? I doubt it.

The club is now well set to step up to the next level.

This post comes with a bit of a warning as I am possibly in a little bit of a mellow Christmas mood having imbibed a few glasses of champagne and other non-soft-drink beverages. But reading the news about Hugo and reflecting on all the other contract signings from this season, I can't help but reflect on how much I bloody love this club. I can't remember a time when we had players queuing up to sign new contracts. It is a brilliant and aspirational time. It is hard - in fact impossible - to explain to a non football fan how much you can love an inanimate thing such as a football team. But we all do.
News such as today, with our captain signing a new contract, makes me very very happy.
The good thing about a forum such as this is that I don't have to explain why.

That is great new about Lloris. You gotta build a team from the defense and our defense (when all are fit) are the best. I think we are a few players short of a title shot but this policy of investing in our current talent is absolutely the right thing for us to do. Poch also seems to have no problem in culling the herd when players are falling behind. The strategy seems sound to me.

Agree with that but going back a bit further I'd say Ted Ditchburn and Bill Brown were at least on a par with Lloris. Both won League Championship medals with Spurs, Brown managing a clutch of cup winner's medals to boot.

Sad to say I haven't even heard of them. So here they are:

When did you see your first game?

Attachments

• ditchburn_catch.jpg
    ditchburn_catch.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 2638338.jpg
    2638338.jpg
    653.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
(1) Pat Jennings

(2) Ray Clemence

(3) Lloris

In that order ( all imo of course).

Out of curiosity who did you rate higher, Shilton or Clemence

I'm trying to gauge your opinion as I though Shilton was hugel over rated but I only saw him from about 85 onwards and not regular as I was a kid

Absolutely delighted with this news! Lloris has for a long time been my 'favourite' Spurs player. To the point that instead of a home Spurs shirt, I have a home Spurs goalkeepers top with his name & number. Maybe sad to some, but oh well with Spurs, I don't care how sad people think I am. I love the club and the players and all to do with the club, they are my passion and they may disappoint occasionally but then they'll go and completely make my weekend! You'll always spot me in the crowd, when I can go, shouting 'Hugo' in support, every time the ball gets remotely close to him.

That we are getting our key players to sign long term contracts shows the players belief and confidence in our current progress. They must be happy to be where they are, and I am delighted by the strength of our team and passion that they show. With new stadium around the corner, time wise, we are very definitely heading in the right direction. Long may it continue!!

This post comes with a bit of a warning as I am possibly in a little bit of a mellow Christmas mood having imbibed a few glasses of champagne and other non-soft-drink beverages. But reading the news about Hugo and reflecting on all the other contract signings from this season, I can't help but reflect on how much I bloody love this club. I can't remember a time when we had players queuing up to sign new contracts. It is a brilliant and aspirational time. It is hard - in fact impossible - to explain to a non football fan how much you can love an inanimate thing such as a football team. But we all do.
News such as today, with our captain signing a new contract, makes me very very happy.
The good thing about a forum such as this is that I don't have to explain why.
Oh you soppy old git Rodney!

Back