• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Far too good for us. Couldn't believe we actually signed him when we did, couldn't believe he stuck around for all the utter bricke served up by AVB and Sherwood, last year we finally looked like we were becoming a club worthy of his ambition but it looks as though we're going backwards again. It's never a good season if your goalkeeper is your best player.

If we didn't have a new stadium on the horizon I think he'd be gone already. I know it would irritate him to know that he stuck around to play with Fazio and Chiriches but then left just before he could lead the team out in the new stadium. Maybe he cares about that sort of thing, maybe he doesn't.

Hugo is obviously motivated by more than just money or trophies, he stayed at his previous club longer than he needed to, he has stayed with us longer than he needed to. Seems important to him his relationship with club and how settled his family is as well.

I'm glad he is recognized by our fans, been times where I'm amazed at how many other keeper our fans rate higher, when they can see with their own eyes day in or out. Hope people will remember him fondly after he is gone.

Hugo/Toby/Kane will be the ones that move on to bigger things ...

Hugo is obviously motivated by more than just money or trophies, he stayed at his previous club longer than he needed to, he has stayed with us longer than he needed to. Seems important to him his relationship with club and how settled his family is as well.

I'm glad he is recognized by our fans, been times where I'm amazed at how many other keeper our fans rate higher, when they can see with their own eyes day in or out. Hope people will remember him fondly after he is gone.

Hugo/Toby/Kane will be the ones that move on to bigger things ...

But not Dele? For sure he's gone off the boil of late but he's still only in his second season at this level and there's no doubting he has the magic in him.

Not suggesting he'll emulate the likes of Gareth Bale but he's well ahead of where the current RM Galactico was at this stage of his development imo.

But not Dele? For sure he's gone off the boil of late but he's still only in his second season at this level and there's no doubting he has the magic in him.

Not suggesting he'll emulate the likes of Gareth Bale but he's well ahead of where the current RM Galactico was at this stage of his development imo.

Those 3 are proven, there are a few others with the ability, just yet to translate into consistent results.

Don't want to hijack the thread, but Dele is given a ton of freedom and match time by Poch, more so than any other player on team. I have high hopes for Dele, but he has to pick himself up and start to put in performances day in, day out, or in a year or two his name will be the same as a couple of players I could name at the Scum and one at Everton that promised far more, still occasionally highlight reel but in reality have never fulfilled potential

Those 3 are proven, there are a few others with the ability, just yet to translate into consistent results.

Don't want to hijack the thread, but Dele is given a ton of freedom and match time by Poch, more so than any other player on team. I have high hopes for Dele, but he has to pick himself up and start to put in performances day in, day out, or in a year or two his name will be the same as a couple of players I could name at the Scum and one at Everton that promised far more, still occasionally highlight reel but in reality have never fulfilled potential

I agree. Dele seems to have lost what made him tick in his first season. He appears to have become a moaner at times. He should watch CRon and get lessons.

I think he'll stay with us to the end of the new contract. He's 30 (in 4 days time), and even the super clubs are looking into more long term options nowadays. Real Madrid have apparently set their eyes on Courtois.

I think he'll stay with us to the end of the new contract. He's 30 (in 4 days time), and even the super clubs are looking into more long term options nowadays. Real Madrid have apparently set their eyes on Courtois.
30 for a keeper though is still relatively young. If he keeps himself fit and in good shape he has at least 6 or so years left at the top.

Great news! Of all the players that have extended their contracts lately, this one is probably my favorite. Yes! Get in. :D

Back