• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Personally I would say second, his distribution is below par

His other qualities make up for that. He has better command of his area than De Gea, and is quicker off of his line. De Gea may have the edge over distribution but I think is edged out. Then again, Lloris I think is our most important player, closely followed by Alderweireld, so to me, I'll always rate him highly.

His other qualities make up for that. He has better command of his area than De Gea, and is quicker off of his line. De Gea may have the edge over distribution but I think is edged out. Then again, Lloris I think is our most important player, closely followed by Alderweireld, so to me, I'll always rate him highly.

I was being objective

Leads by example.

That's was one of the best goalkeeping performances I have ever seen from a Spur. Would've been at least 4-1 if it wasn't for him and before you say 'weak pen' he still had to guess the right way.

He always does this as well, remember the shameful performances under AVB/Sherwood? He would still give 110% and not hide, producing some outstanding saves in the process. There's no questioning as to why he he's captain, outstanding.

Leads by example.

That's was one of the best goalkeeping performances I have ever seen from a Spur. Would've been at least 4-1 if it wasn't for him and before you say 'weak pen' he still had to guess the right way.

He always does this as well, remember the shameful performances under AVB/Sherwood? He would still give 110% and not hide, producing some outstanding saves in the process. There's no questioning as to why he he's captain, outstanding.

When the chips are down, Hugo is the sort of man that anyone would like to have at their back - someone who feels like a dependable wall that you can back yourself up against and regroup from, confident that he's there, that he won't hide and that he'll quietly do his job when all else is collapsing.

He's too good for us. Always has been. I'll never get tired of restating how amazed I was when he ended up signing for us back in 2012, and, equally, I'll never stop being grateful that circumstances have allowed him to be here for so long. In our entire, shambolic CL campaign, he is the one man who can hold his head up the highest, and the only man save for Toby who looks like he was born to play at that level. The rest of the team (again, bar Toby) is Europa League standard - Hugo is CL quality, and has been from the moment he arrived here.

When the chips are down, Hugo is the sort of man that anyone would like to have at their back - someone who feels like a dependable wall that you can back yourself up against and regroup from, confident that he's there, that he won't hide and that he'll quietly do his job when all else is collapsing.

He's too good for us. Always has been. I'll never get tired of restating how amazed I was when he ended up signing for us back in 2012, and, equally, I'll never stop being grateful that circumstances have allowed him to be here for so long. In our entire, shambolic CL campaign, he is the one man who can hold his head up the highest, and the only man save for Toby who looks like he was born to play at that level. The rest of the team (again, bar Toby) is Europa League standard - Hugo is CL quality, and has been from the moment he arrived here.

Same here.

You'll find posts somewhere in this thread or at least this forum from me saying the same thing. Halloween the year before we signed him I said to a yid 'with Friedel aging we should replace him with someone World Class, even bid £20m for Lloris' and no I wasn't even tipsy.

The man is absolute class, he always has been, I agree with Dubai when I say that I think tonight is the night I realise he is to good for us. I hope he stays and won't run into the usual 'I wouldn't blame him for leaving' as he's our captain and this team is a very good team, even if jt hasn't been lately.

Same here.

You'll find posts somewhere in this thread or at least this forum from me saying the same thing. Halloween the year before we signed him I said to a yid 'with Friedel aging we should replace him with someone World Class, even bid £20m for Lloris' and no I wasn't even tipsy.

The man is absolute class, he always has been, I agree with Dubai when I say that I think tonight is the night I realise he is to good for us. I hope he stays and won't run into the usual 'I wouldn't blame him for leaving' as he's our captain and this team is a very good team, even if jt hasn't been lately.

I desperately hope he stays - but honestly, I can't blame him if he doesn't, because he could play for any of the real big players (Barca, Madrid, Bayern, Juve) and not just not look out of place, but comfortably match or exceed the world-class goalkeepers most of them already have (Neuer, Buffon, Navas et al).

We're just not at that level. And I'm sure he won't leave for a team we *can* partially compare ourselves to, the ones in the bracket below those megateams (Atletico, Dortmund et al), so if he goes it will likely be to one of those megateams. And, as I said, I can't blame him if that happens.

I desperately hope he stays - but honestly, I can't blame him if he doesn't, because he could play for any of the real big players (Barca, Madrid, Bayern, Juve) and not just not look out of place, but comfortably match or exceed the world-class goalkeepers most of them already have (Neuer, Buffon, Navas et al).

We're just not at that level. And I'm sure he won't leave for a team we *can* partially compare ourselves to, the ones in the bracket below those megateams (Atletico, Dortmund et al), so if he goes it will likely be to one of those megateams. And, as I said, I can't blame him if that happens.

Went on a tour of the Nou Camp with my girlfriend during the summer and it just put into context how deluded i'd been in the past. There are big clubs (like us believe or not) and then there's Barca, Real, Bayern. I love this club so much, I always have, even when having my head in my hands many a time as I have but if I played for Spurs and one of those clubs came calling, pffft, you can forget all the love in the World, and thats with the new stadium. They are the highest level and that's where for me Hugo Lloris is at.

The following is a very generic and boring statement but, after tonight'so performance, is justified:

Levy, just give the man what he wants.

Last edited:
Went on a tour of the Nou Camp with my girlfriend during the summer and it just put into context how deluded i'd been in the past. There are big clubs (like us believe or not) and then there's Barca, Real, Bayern. I love this club so much, I always have, even when having my head in my hands many a time as I have but if I played for Spurs and one of those clubs came calling, pffft, you can forget all the love in the World, and thats with the new stadium. They are the highest level and that's where for me Hugo Lloris is at.

The following is a very generic and boring statement but, after tonight'so performance, is justified:

Levy, just give the man what he wants.

He won't go to the biggest teams because he is shoddy with the ball at this feet. In those teams, those keepers are all excellent with the ball and are basically like an outfield player. Hugo is shaky playing out and he has no right foot. If it wasn't for that, he'd already be at a barcelona.

Hugo surely wont put pen to paper anytime soon - would be a huge surprise, if that happened.

Pretty sure, he wants to keep his options open and see where we end up at the end of the season. As other posters have said; Lloris is no longer a Europa League keeper, so if we dont get top 4 again, then I seriously think, he will look for a new challenge. He turns 30 in december and must be wondering, if he wants to spend his prime years at a club, that realistically speaking wont win the CL or the PL.

What might save us is the fact that none of the big guns across Europe have a pressing need for a new gk at the end of the season:
We wont sell him to a PL rival, thats for sure.
Bayern Munich have Neuer.
Barcelona wanted a ballplaying gk, so opted for Ter Stegen.
Real Madrid are pretty certain to be banned from buying players in 2017.
He has said that he is not interested in returning to France ruling PSG out.

My main worry is Juventus. Buffon turns 39 soon and surely they must be making plans about his replacement.
And I doubt they will find a better gk available than Lloris.

Hugo surely wont put pen to paper anytime soon - would be a huge surprise, if that happened.

Pretty sure, he wants to keep his options open and see where we end up at the end of the season. As other posters have said; Lloris is no longer a Europa League keeper, so if we dont get top 4 again, then I seriously think, he will look for a new challenge. He turns 30 in december and must be wondering, if he wants to spend his prime years at a club, that realistically speaking wont win the CL or the PL.

What might save us is the fact that none of the big guns across Europe have a pressing need for a new gk at the end of the season:
We wont sell him to a PL rival, thats for sure.
Bayern Munich have Neuer.
Barcelona wanted a ballplaying gk, so opted for Ter Stegen.
Real Madrid are pretty certain to be banned from buying players in 2017.
He has said that he is not interested in returning to France ruling PSG out.

My main worry is Juventus. Buffon turns 39 soon and surely they must be making plans about his replacement.
And I doubt they will find a better gk available than Lloris.

He fits in any planned progression as well - iirc, Juve want Perrin, Leali, or Donnarumma as a long-term Italian replacement for Buffon, but there will be a gap before they're able to hit their peak in their late twenties (quite a long gap in the case of Donnarumma, although he's already brilliant at his tender age). Hugo can fill that gap perfectly.

If there's an upside, it's that I don't think the cheapskates at Juve will pay what Levy will demand. We might have more luck with PSG in that regard. :p

Why would anyone continuously allow themselves to be put under pressure by under performing team mates? Week in week out he's forced into these incredible performances because his team let him down. It must get tiring when those around you aren't giving the same level of commitment as you. I wouldn't blame him in the slightest if he went in the summer. (Or even January)

It's like the season Pat Jennings won player of the year and jokingly thanked his team mates for giving him the opportunity to make all those saves. Unless something changes radically soon Hugo will go to greener pastures soon.

He won't go to the biggest teams because he is shoddy with the ball at this feet. In those teams, those keepers are all excellent with the ball and are basically like an outfield player. Hugo is shaky playing out and he has no right foot. If it wasn't for that, he'd already be at a barcelona.

Absolutely. His kicking is like Ledley's knee - something that will enable a player who is too good for us to make 300+ appearances.

Far too good for us. Couldn't believe we actually signed him when we did, couldn't believe he stuck around for all the utter brick served up by AVB and Sherwood, last year we finally looked like we were becoming a club worthy of his ambition but it looks as though we're going backwards again. It's never a good season if your goalkeeper is your best player.

If we didn't have a new stadium on the horizon I think he'd be gone already. I know it would irritate him to know that he stuck around to play with Fazio and Chiriches but then left just before he could lead the team out in the new stadium. Maybe he cares about that sort of thing, maybe he doesn't.

Back