• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

This goalkeeper distribution thing really is a load of nonsense. So we haven't got a goalkeeper with the technical ability of Zidane, yet we somehow managed to still have pretty much 50% of the possession against the possession kings? I think I'll cope with having just an exceptionally good GOALKEEPER thanks....

Overall I thought his distribution was very decent today, probably about as good as you could hope for in such an intensely fought game. He's actually been improving very steadily for a while now so adding in his strengths as sweeper-keeper I'd argue there aren't too many current Premier League keepers notably better than him distribution-wise. Kasper Schmeichel certainly, De Gea maybe, anyone else?

This goalkeeper distribution thing really is a load of nonsense. So we haven't got a goalkeeper with the technical ability of Zidane, yet we somehow managed to still have pretty much 50% of the possession against the possession kings? I think I'll cope with having just an exceptionally good GOALKEEPER thanks....
I'd rather he kicks it over the stand when under pressure, than fudge about like that Bravo clown that seems to think he's Ronaldinho!

I'd rather he kicks it over the stand when under pressure, than fudge about like that Bravo clown that seems to think he's Ronaldinho!
Although most of us would probably see it put in the stand than trying to play through the opposition with one-twos between your GK and centre-half, its clearly what the manager wants to draw out the opposition and take the sting out of games. Its a little stressful to watch but we have to back the boss - it works even it appears high-risk!

Although most of us would probably see it put in the stand than trying to play through the opposition with one-twos between your GK and centre-half, its clearly what the manager wants to draw out the opposition and take the sting out of games. Its a little stressful to watch but we have to back the boss - it works even it appears high-risk!

Spot on. Important part of us not being put under sustained pressure for long periods today. Real bravery from Lloris, our central defenders and our full backs.

We on the other hand stressed City into just clearing the ball several times in the game and it made us win the ball back quickly and build sustained pressure. I'm sure Pep didn't like that one bit.

Top keeper without a doubt, but world class means he should be good at everything and his distrubution is a weakness. However like some have said i would not hold that against him.

Honestly think the distribution thing is a drama from nothing

I went to the Hamburg Munich game last weekend and Neur kicked balls out and actually missed his own players aver all times

He also got caught out on the half way line but luckily for him there was an earlier infringement

No coincidence these world class sweeper keepers don't kick as well when under pressure as that's why you put them under pressure

It wouldn't be interesting to someone like Neur in a side under the cosh and without time (I use him as the example as he is widely held up as the best in the world)

Back