• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hubba Bubba Soda + Other Nostaligic things...

Juicebox

Clive Wilson
Was chatting with someone (obviously much younger than me!) about Hubba Bubba Soda, they'd never heard of it, but I seem to remember at school kids always had it. I imagine the fact it tasted so sickly and was just pure sugar meant it didn't last.

Other things this brought up about soft drinks were I remember them trying to launch Mountain Dew to no success, now back and rebranded as an energy drink???

Also seem to remember Coke Clear from the drinks machines at school for a little while.

Any other things that you remember from growing up and whether they're still available?

To be fair...
Bazooka Joe bubble gum
Wham bars and original Curly Whurly's that actually had some substance to them

I remember Coke clear and Pepsi Crystal when I was really young, that was odd.

We had the Sunny Delight boom when I was in primary school, horrid stuff but if you didn't have it in your pack lunch other kids at school saw it as a form of child abuse!

Also remember my cousins giving me this stuff when I was rather young:

plakat_hooch.gif

Ah yes Sunny D, I saw it while shopping the other day, and it still looks as luminous as ever!

When I was about 15 the whole alcopop craze was in full swing, with not only Hooch, but Two Dogs too. Lucky timing on our part or was it the start of the whole binge drinking, shot dowing society we have now?

We have this thread about once a year, here are some of the previously mentioned:

Quattro - 80s drink
Stardust
Dinosour Eggs
Burtons Fish n Chips
PanYan Pickle
TAB Cola
Fireball Jaw Breakers
Mojos
Long Life Larger

Oh and golden nugget bublegums. In a little drawstring bag and cream soda. And ice cream floats.
I'm off on one now

We have this thread about once a year, here are some of the previously mentioned:

Quattro - 80s drink
Stardust
Dinosour Eggs
Burtons Fish n Chips
PanYan Pickle
TAB Cola
Fireball Jaw Breakers
Mojos
Long Life Larger

Apologies, I copuldn't find a previous one otherwise would have posted there. I'm assuming that it was all on the old forum?

Quattro - 80s drink

Ah mate, I was going to hit up the Quattro. I saw an old Quattro can in the park a couple of years ago, it must have been hiding under a tree or in a bush for years.

The other one that I remember from my youth was Top Deck
15173L.jpg

The little jelly monsters you got peeled the celaphane wrapper off the back of the plastic front and got stuck in a treat.
10p ice pop lollies or whatever they were

It was on the old board mate so no need to apologise.

I feel the need for old adverts!

[video=youtube;0ne1rM1ZFbE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ne1rM1ZFbE[/video]

[video=youtube;_gTUshlWFG0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gTUshlWFG0[/video]

Back