• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How should we set up?

Our three senior CBs are all massively error prone. Rodon hasn't had time to make that many mistakes yet.
Well he almost gave Giroud/Chelsea the winner on debut, made an error v Pool that cost a goal and was partly if not totally to blame for the goal tonight. There is a good player there though.

It was his guy that scored today. Alderweireld is standing right next to him seconds earlier, then he just leaves him unmarked.
Can't agree with that the ball came down the left of middle, Rodon/Davies territory. To be clear I don't think any of our defenders are blameless/to blame I think the real problem is continuity of a system and partnerships. It's what served us so well earlier in the season.

Everyone fit

---------------------------lloris

Aurier--------Toby-------------Rodon---------Reggie
-----------------------------Hojberg
------------------GLC-----------------------Ndombele
---------Bergwijn------------------------------Son
--------------------------------Kane

With the rest of the season to see if someone from Bergwijn, Moura or Bale can own the RWF position and if not sell Moura, return Bale and bring in a new left footed goal creating RWF. Rodon to get the LCB position and if he had up we get a replacement for Toby in the summer.

We can address RB if needed then also. I believe that side can press and dominate possession and importantly break down tight defences with interplay and one touch football.

Everyone fit

---------------------------lloris

Aurier--------Toby-------------Rodon---------Reggie
-----------------------------Hojberg
------------------GLC-----------------------Ndombele
---------Bergwijn------------------------------Son
--------------------------------Kane

With the rest of the season to see if someone from Bergwijn, Moura or Bale can own the RWF position and if not sell Moura, return Bale and bring in a new left footed goal creating RWF. Rodon to get the LCB position and if he had up we get a replacement for Toby in the summer.

We can address RB if needed then also. I believe that side can press and dominate possession and importantly break down tight defences with interplay and one touch football.
On paper that’s the team that looks the best too me
Shame 4 are injured now when arguably it’s our toughest period but that happens

On paper that’s the team that looks the best too me
Shame 4 are injured now when arguably it’s our toughest period but that happens
Indeed, although I don't think Jose would have selected this side. It's shame because it looks very decent on paper and the parts we have seen function well.

Oh well let's get the best of what we do have.

Wycombe
OG vs Leicester
Both are partly his fault at least

I agree the Wycombe goal wasn’t good defending, but I’m not sure you can blame him too much for the OG personally. And I think they were both lesser mistakes than for all four goals in our last two matches.

I’m also surprised that so many people (including Jose!) suddenly have Rodon above Tanganga in the pecking order - he’s also looked less mistake-prone to me, and with excellent potential.

I agree the Wycombe goal wasn’t good defending, but I’m not sure you can blame him too much for the OG personally. And I think they were both lesser mistakes than for all four goals in our last two matches.

I’m also surprised that so many people (including Jose!) suddenly have Rodon above Tanganga in the pecking order - he’s also looked less mistake-prone to me, and with excellent potential.
Tanganga has suffered with injuries so we have no idea how fit he is
Jose did say he thinks he is a full back though ...

for the life of me, i didn't get yesterday's formation vs Brighton.

5 Defenders (and Hojbjerg in front so effectively 6). Ndombele offers our greatest threat from midfield and importantly provides the connection to attack. But that's one guy. He has no supporting cast whatsoever.

Aurier (Doherty) -- Toby -- Rodon -- Reguilon (Davies)

-- Hjobjerg -- Ndombele --

Son -- Dele -- Bergwijn (this whole group can be interchangable tbh, even Moura or Bale if needed).

Kane

Again though i must stress, we have a lack of connectivity between midfield and attack. You can have the most world class forwards in Son and Kane, fudge you could have Messi + Ronaldo, but if you can't get them the ball, you won't see much.

I fail to believe we do not have the players capable in our team, we have a squad EASILY as good as Leicester or Man U. In many ways, better i think.

Pretty much agree with that, except i would have Berwijn instead of Bale.

To be honest, I've thrown Bale in more in hope than expectation. I don't really have an expectation that he'll deliver. So Bergwijn or Lucas would probably be my choice in that position based on merit.

To be honest, I've thrown Bale in more in hope than expectation. I don't really have an expectation that he'll deliver. So Bergwijn or Lucas would probably be my choice in that position based on merit.

As i have said before i know i and probably many more fans got caught up in the hype of Bale coming back, my better judgement over the last couple of years when the question was asked about trying to bring him back was NO. Sadly as i say i got caught up in the dream ( should have known better at my age:().

As i have said before i know i and probably many more fans got caught up in the hype of Bale coming back, my better judgement over the last couple of years when the question was asked about trying to bring him back was NO. Sadly as i say i got caught up in the dream ( should have known better at my age:().

I got completely caught up in it. Was like a kid on Christmas Eve. I did get some stick on here for questioning it when he wasn't playing against City/Arsenal/Chelsea because it started to smell wrong at that stage.

Still, the naive fan in me still hopes he can pull the rabbit out of the hat over the next couple of weeks but I know, deep down, it's probably not going to happen.

Back