• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How much will we spend this summer?

What will be our net spend this summer?

• Less than we get from sales

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Break even

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • £1 - £25m

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • £25m - £50m

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • £50m - £75m

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • £75m - £100m

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • £100m+

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think we will use some of the new loan and sell plenty too
I think we will spend gross about £150m
But bring in over half do that back in sales

Net zero.

I think we'll see about 6 exits (c.£50m), 2 permanent incomings (c.£50m) and 2 loan incomings

Its never been the case of net spend, its what we spend the money on and backing the manager. I agree with @braineclipse , cant see Conte coming in if he is not going to have control over transfers or spending.

Its never been the case of net spend, its what we spend the money on and backing the manager. I agree with @braineclipse , cant see Conte coming in if he is not going to have control over transfers or spending.
I can’t see any manager coming in knowing that
We have excess money from the loan we recently took which I assume would go towards the squad
And of course we will sell some players...

I can’t see any manager coming in knowing that
We have excess money from the loan we recently took which I assume would go towards the squad
And of course we will sell some players...

I believe that loan was taken to restructure the previous loan, not to spend money in the market. What players do we have that actually have value in todays financial climate then factor in Levys Sale price vs Levys Buy price.

I believe that loan was taken to restructure the previous loan, not to spend money in the market. What players do we have that actually have value in todays financial climate then factor in Levys Sale price vs Levys Buy price.
The previous loan was £175m
We borrowed £250m
We have players to sell
We can sell plenty for money (not big money) and not hurt the squad

If we're really pushing for Conte we can't be planning for net zero.

Think there will be some spending, again.

Conte's the archetype short-term appointment to eek one final season out of Poch's first squad. A project manager would be the type to oversee a full rebuild

In general I think it will be a very quiet summer transfer wise across the world, with Covid economics and particularly players not wanting to take the wage drops required of them to move.

Conte's the archetype short-term appointment to eek one final season out of Poch's first squad. A project manager would be the type to oversee a full rebuild

In general I think it will be a very quiet summer transfer wise across the world, with Covid economics and particularly players not wanting to take the wage drops required of them to move.
Older players are more palatable of wage drops
And moving countries can reduce costs for players

This narrative of him being a short term manager has no context. He left Juventus on a high to become the national manager after three years. His previous roles were always a step up bar the failed stint at Atalanta sandwiched in between Sienna and Bari. The teams managed previously were hardly teams to build a platform. Chelsea are hardly the yardstick of managers that last more than 2 years.

When he signed for Chelsea he came in envying pochettino saying that he wished to build something similar.

We have eeked out 3 years of the pochettino squad its time to move forward, and Conte is the man that is looking like he will be positioned to do so.

This narrative of him being a short term manager has no context. He left Juventus on a high to become the national manager after three years. His previous roles were always a step up bar the failed stint at Atalanta sandwiched in between Sienna and Bari. The teams managed previously were hardly teams to build a platform. Chelsea are hardly the yardstick of managers that last more than 2 years.

When he signed for Chelsea he came in envying pochettino saying that he wished to build something similar.

We have eeked out 3 years of the pochettino squad its time to move forward, and Conte is the man that is looking like he will be positioned to do so.

I think that the truth is a bit of both. I think that we are two years into the "painful rebuild" with this summer and next to complete it. Son and Kane have a couple of years at their peak left and Conte is a smart choice to get the best out of that.

I feel it will depend on which manager we get. If we get Conte i can see it being £150m with sales of course, if its the Ajax guy or Potter it will be £50m at the most (and that is being generous).

Think we'll have a big net spend £50-75m. The cl is changing in the next few years we need to either be in it or the best of the rest when it does. At the moment leicester have overtaken us and everton could have finished above us also.
If we can get back in when it changes that's us basically set. Unless we finish outside european places totally we will qualify on coefficients each season. This will give us a secure boost to finances that can push us on.
Also most clubs are facing financial difficulty and will need to sell. So there vould be some nice bargains out there.

Think we'll have a big net spend £50-75m. The cl is changing in the next few years we need to either be in it or the best of the rest when it does. At the moment leicester have overtaken us and everton could have finished above us also.
If we can get back in when it changes that's us basically set. Unless we finish outside european places totally we will qualify on coefficients each season. This will give us a secure boost to finances that can push us on.
Also most clubs are facing financial difficulty and will need to sell. So there vould be some nice bargains out there.
You need to qualify for European competition to get a place in the CL using the coefficient

The additional £75m may just be for reserve cash flow (we don’t yet know to what extent stadiums will be open next season).
It may be
It may not
We could guess again and spin it which way we want
We will see
Hence why I’ve guessed we will invest it in players

Back