• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How much will we spend this January?

What will be our net spend this January?

• Total voters
they are from our POV, it's finding clubs that would actually pay for them
that's the problem

Chiriches has his admirers and Naughton could probably find a loan deal but no one is going to pay the money for the others that Levy would accept

We'll see I suppose. Levy has gotten good money for rather average players in the past.

Probability is that we're not going to see wholesale changes in January, it so rarely happens. But right now a rather large portion of our squad just aren't contributing at all, part of it is down to injury, but part of it is also just not having the right skill set. I would rather see changes in January than in the summer.

This is Spurs, absolutely no way will we spend more money than we get in, at a guess I would predict £4m profit on trading

Last edited:
they are from our POV, it's finding clubs that would actually pay for them
that's the problem

Chiriches has his admirers and Naughton could probably find a loan deal but no one is going to pay the money for the others that Levy would accept

QPR if Redknapp is still in his job - could see them bulk buying 2 or 3

And AVB might come back for some of his signings if he takes over at Liverpool as rumoured

AVB is not going to Liverpool, no way, I won't let him, I coudn't handle that, I'm having palpitations at the mere thought.

Without any improvement over the next couple of games, Levy may need to spend a bit more than usual.

The club/manager needs a lift.

I can't see us spending much at all, it will be loads of well we nearly signed.....

We don't even nearly sign players in January.

We just sell a few, and get last-minute short-term loans or freebees in to fill the gaps in the squad for 4 months.

We don't even nearly sign players in January.

We just sell a few, and get last-minute short-term loans or freebees in to fill the gaps in the squad for 4 months.

We used to be quite active in January. Hutton and Woodgate cost a fair bit in 2008. And of course, there was the 2009 splurge when we brought back Keane and Defoe, as well as Palacios. But that seems to have changed now...

We used to be quite active in January. Hutton and Woodgate cost a fair bit in 2008. And of course, there was the 2009 splurge when we brought back Keane and Defoe, as well as Palacios. But that seems to have changed now...
Last year was a World Cup year which makes it harder to attract good players because they may be concerned about losing their squad place if their form suffers. The year the ACN will be a complicating factor.

Generally speaking, good players cost more in January.

Last year was a World Cup year which makes it harder to attract good players because they may be concerned about losing their squad place if their form suffers. The year the ACN will be a complicating factor.

Generally speaking, good players cost more in January.

Generally speaking good players don't get sold in January

Generally speaking good clubs don't do business in January

It's a fool's market really.

If Levy is backing Poch, he'll probably not do much (incoming) business. Really backing Poch will be saying let's wait till the summer and buy proper Class A players, rather than scrambling round the bins with the relegation-fearing clubs.

I think we'll only sign players with contract situations to exploit (which fortunately includes Moreno and Rodriguez)

Generally speaking good players don't get sold in January

Generally speaking good clubs don't do business in January

It's a fool's market really.

If Levy is backing Poch, he'll probably not do much (incoming) business. Really backing Poch will be saying let's wait till the summer and buy proper Class A players, rather than scrambling round the bins with the relegation-fearing clubs.

I think we'll only sign players with contract situations to exploit (which fortunately includes Moreno and Rodriguez)

Exceptions validate the rules ..

The club needs a signing or two, not just for on field but just to lift the feeling of misery around the place at the moment.

Exceptions validate the rules ..

The club needs a signing or two, not just for on field but just to lift the feeling of misery around the place at the moment.

Agreed, although for different reasons. For the on the pitch stuff.

Relying on Bentaleb and Mason to keep injury free and on form. Relying on Kane to keep on form and keep scoring or Soldado or Adebayor to suddenly come to life... It just all seems a bit too unlikely and we need a bit more quality in our squad.

I think we will struggle to sell quite a few and end up letting some go for less than we want. Given what the papers have said too, I reckon we will spend close to £10m net.

Back