• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How much will we spend in January?

What will be our net spend in January?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It would probably also make sense to try to do a pre contract deal for Napoli's Milik this month. Once we've done the pre-contract deal we could also probably get Napoli to roll over and release him on a nominal fee seeing as they left him out of their squad due to him not signing a new deal or agreeing to the possible moves they lined up for him last summer. I like Vinicius but a £30m odd transfer fee versus a free transfer is important here and would allow us to bring in a high level centre forward to provide cover without using up transfer funds.

Not expecting anything incoming, the climate and effort made in the previous window make me think that the priority will be releasing players who aren’t contributing at all. I imagine loans are preferable even for the teams who need to spin the wheel to fight to stay in the league.

surplus:

Rose - get the impression no one is offering him his current wage, so he will sit tight and go as a free agent. Possible loan to a lower prem team I guess, although not playing makes him even more of a punt in terms of hitting the ground running.
Gazzaniga - think it’s clear Hart is preferred as back up irrespective of performance, 3rd choice keeper is semi retirement so hopefully Gazza can get a move, not sure if he would want to climb down a level or so to be a number 1 or stay as a 2 somewhere else.
Clarke - a couple of cameos but there’s a lot of competition on bigger wages for the AM spots, Mourinho seems to like him seems a loan would be necessary for his development / put him in the shop window, suspect Championship would be suitable.
Gedson - Tidy but not sure of his best position. Not sure he’s shown enough for a prem so makes sense to return to his parent club, as long as Mendes is happy of course!

Fringe:
Dele - would generate a fee and is a very high profile absentee, Poch and PSG would be a move that seems to suit everyone but there seems to be a constant murmur that we don’t actually want him to go. Seems a hard one to sell to the player given the minutes he’s had so far and less lower profile.
Sanchez - given Dier and Toby have signed new deals and Rodon has been brought in it seems he is the CB likely to be upgraded if possible. May still command a reasonable fee based on what we paid for him and his age.
Winks - don’t see him moving in this window, he’s part of a pool of options to partner PEH, a very different player to Sissoko and Lo Celso is missing a lot for games. GHod forbid anything happens to PEH he’s likely the replacement as it seems NDombele is seen as a deeper midfielder.
Bale - not sure if there is even an option to terminate the loan, it’s probably heart ruling head as I do hope he can turn it around but it’s hard to see a major contribution based on what seems to limited opportunities to a lack of defensive contribution, a current injury and a player who looks scared to play at full throttle due to the chances of getting hurt. If the termination is possible Mourinho may be interested in diverting the 200k a week elsewhere.
Moura - always seemed better off the bench, seems to have regressed due to a lack of game time and looks a lot less effective on the left. Be surprised to see him go in this window.
Lamela - I think Mourinho likes him as one for the options for the disruptive non scoring winger role and if he could stay fit there would be plenty of scope for bringing him on to defend a lead or starting against the better teams. But he is perma crocked and cannot be part of any planning. Can’t see anyone taking him off our hands though.
Vincius - the impossible job, be a replacement for Kane but only if the game is meaningless or both him and Son are injured. He may be a stop gap for a bigger name in the summer but don’t see any changes there.

Not expecting anything incoming, the climate and effort made in the previous window make me think that the priority will be releasing players who aren’t contributing at all. I imagine loans are preferable even for the teams who need to spin the wheel to fight to stay in the league.

surplus:

Rose - get the impression no one is offering him his current wage, so he will sit tight and go as a free agent. Possible loan to a lower prem team I guess, although not playing makes him even more of a punt in terms of hitting the ground running.
Gazzaniga - think it’s clear Hart is preferred as back up irrespective of performance, 3rd choice keeper is semi retirement so hopefully Gazza can get a move, not sure if he would want to climb down a level or so to be a number 1 or stay as a 2 somewhere else.
Clarke - a couple of cameos but there’s a lot of competition on bigger wages for the AM spots, Mourinho seems to like him seems a loan would be necessary for his development / put him in the shop window, suspect Championship would be suitable.
Gedson - Tidy but not sure of his best position. Not sure he’s shown enough for a prem so makes sense to return to his parent club, as long as Mendes is happy of course!

Fringe:
Dele - would generate a fee and is a very high profile absentee, Poch and PSG would be a move that seems to suit everyone but there seems to be a constant murmur that we don’t actually want him to go. Seems a hard one to sell to the player given the minutes he’s had so far and less lower profile.
Sanchez - given Dier and Toby have signed new deals and Rodon has been brought in it seems he is the CB likely to be upgraded if possible. May still command a reasonable fee based on what we paid for him and his age.
Winks - don’t see him moving in this window, he’s part of a pool of options to partner PEH, a very different player to Sissoko and Lo Celso is missing a lot for games. GHod forbid anything happens to PEH he’s likely the replacement as it seems NDombele is seen as a deeper midfielder.
Bale - not sure if there is even an option to terminate the loan, it’s probably heart ruling head as I do hope he can turn it around but it’s hard to see a major contribution based on what seems to limited opportunities to a lack of defensive contribution, a current injury and a player who looks scared to play at full throttle due to the chances of getting hurt. If the termination is possible Mourinho may be interested in diverting the 200k a week elsewhere.
Moura - always seemed better off the bench, seems to have regressed due to a lack of game time and looks a lot less effective on the left. Be surprised to see him go in this window.
Lamela - I think Mourinho likes him as one for the options for the disruptive non scoring winger role and if he could stay fit there would be plenty of scope for bringing him on to defend a lead or starting against the better teams. But he is perma crocked and cannot be part of any planning. Can’t see anyone taking him off our hands though.
Vincius - the impossible job, be a replacement for Kane but only if the game is meaningless or both him and Son are injured. He may be a stop gap for a bigger name in the summer but don’t see any changes there.
Very well summed up.

Seems unlikely that any move away bringing in solid money will actually happen, if it does of course things can happen.

If not, it's hard to know what our financial situation actually is. Could some structured deal be done, it's there any wiggle room for Levy to get something over the line? Hard to tell.

surplus:

Fringe:

Good summary. The scary thing about the ineffecitve Moura, Bale, Lamela, VInicius is how dependent we are on Kane and Son (plus Bergwijn as the third starter) and how limited our cover is there. We could easily see or need two signings in those positions over the next two windows and most of the ineffective 4 being shipped out

surplus:

Fringe:

A good assessment of where we are

Depends on whom we can outright sell - not loan. So, less than what we get from sales, which is fine after the summer's surprising outlay.

I think there's a bit of smart squad management we can do - Gedson is basically gone anyway, but if we can reach an agreement with Rose on ending his contract, and outright sell two or more of Dele, Winks, Lamela, Lucas, Gazzaniga, Aurier and Sanchez, we would have the funds and the squad space (and foreign player spots) to pursue a big target or a couple of younger HG punts (Olise et al). Ideally, the more we can shift in January, the more we can bring forward some needed squad changes from rhe summer, when, as I see it, we'll need quite a few players - another central midfielder to put alongside Hojbjerg, a new RB if Aurier goes, a new CB, better backup for Lloris, and a backup ST if we don't exercise the option to sign Vinicius. We'll also have to find the space and opportunities for the returning Skipp and Sessegnon.

But honestly, any movement in or out would be a bonus, and I'm not expecting much. It's okay - I think not many clubs will be buying this winter, or next summer. Too much economic damage at this point.

Whilst I expect clubs to be prudent with the lack of ability to forecast when match day income will return, I wonder if any of the doped clubs will see it as an opportunity to take advantage, as the loss of real income isn’t really a concern if you can just top it up via your owners pocket change?

Whilst I expect clubs to be prudent with the lack of ability to forecast when match day income will return, I wonder if any of the doped clubs will see it as an opportunity to take advantage, as the loss of real income isn’t really a concern if you can just top it up via your owners pocket change?

The other side of the argument is that the cash crisis hitting French football at the moment is probably a good chance to pick up some bargains for clubs brave enough to do so

The other side of the argument is that the cash crisis hitting French football at the moment is probably a good chance to pick up some bargains for clubs brave enough to do so
Anything to help Poch out...

Got me thinking it must be frustrating being a non PSG fan, seeing the same team dominate the league year after year and this crisis is only going to widen the gap. Same with Bayern in Germany too, we are lucky to have a variety of teams winning the title even with a couple of doped clubs in there - even during Liverpool and Uniteds periods of dominance we’ve never had more than 3 consecutive years of the same winner.

Depends on whom we can outright sell - not loan. So, less than what we get from sales, which is fine after the summer's surprising outlay.

I think there's a bit of smart squad management we can do - Gedson is basically gone anyway, but if we can reach an agreement with Rose on ending his contract, and outright sell two or more of Dele, Winks, Lamela, Lucas, Gazzaniga, Aurier and Sanchez, we would have the funds and the squad space (and foreign player spots) to pursue a big target or a couple of younger HG punts (Olise et al). Ideally, the more we can shift in January, the more we can bring forward some needed squad changes from rhe summer, when, as I see it, we'll need quite a few players - another central midfielder to put alongside Hojbjerg, a new RB if Aurier goes, a new CB, better backup for Lloris, and a backup ST if we don't exercise the option to sign Vinicius. We'll also have to find the space and opportunities for the returning Skipp and Sessegnon.

But honestly, any movement in or out would be a bonus, and I'm not expecting much. It's okay - I think not many clubs will be buying this winter, or next summer. Too much economic damage at this point.

- I think Lucas and Aurier stay
- We would have to be drunk to pass on Vinicius, we have struggled so badly to find anything close to a backup striker for so long.
- I could see Skipp and Sessegnon spending another season on loan

I think we will be opportunistic, but agree on most of it.

Only player i can see us getting is another CB but that will be dependent on one leaving first which i would imagine would be Sanchez.

Back