• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How much will we spend in January?

What will be our net spend in January?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really like him and wanted us to sign him, but his defensive work would need huge improvement to get a game for Jose.
Not just for Jose, for any top team. Liverpool’s front 3 work incredibly hard, the likes of De Bryne at City do too. If you’re not prepared to work hard defensively it’s highly unlikely you will make it at one of the top PL teams in the modern era....

I saw a link to Demarai Gray earlier. Not a player who I'd get wildly excited about however Moura, Lamela and Bale v.II (so far) are ineffective and Gray still has some time on his side to improve, as well as being home grown too

If we could find someone to take Moura or Lamela off our hands and bring in Gray for a similar price then that would seem sensible business to do. We have a real issue with the number of HG players, particularly if Dele and/or Winks ends up leaving at some point

Check out at Olise at Reading. Seriously watch his YouTube videos. I have seen him on the highlights of games this season.

Blinding player, Emirates Marketing Project academy player. French but counts as association trained. So much skill, takes people on and scores, good passing.

Probably about 15m, probably go to West ham or someone and probably be a 80m player in 18 months time.
Not seen him at all but held in very high regard. I’ve only beard people say he is the best player in that division and that’s not faint praise

same with Eze last season. You can normally spot a player even at that level as they create time for themselves

Find it difficult to see us with anything resembling a solid net spend this window.

Covid keeps creating financial issues, reports were that it took a lot of staggered and smart deals to make the signings that happened this summer go through.

All depends on if we can raise some cash by selling someone. But the easiest market to sell someone in either so I think a fairly quiet window is the most likely.

I saw a link to Demarai Gray earlier. Not a player who I'd get wildly excited about however Moura, Lamela and Bale v.II (so far) are ineffective and Gray still has some time on his side to improve, as well as being home grown too

If we could find someone to take Moura or Lamela off our hands and bring in Gray for a similar price then that would seem sensible business to do. We have a real issue with the number of HG players, particularly if Dele and/or Winks ends up leaving at some point
He would be an upgrade on Lamela and free up an overseas spot.

Not seen him at all but held in very high regard. I’ve only beard people say he is the best player in that division and that’s not faint praise

same with Eze last season. You can normally spot a player even at that level as they create time for themselves
Indeed. Buendia at Norwich is another gem in the Championship. He was one of the most creative players in the PL last season even though he played for one of the worst teams.

I think Grealish is beyond us sadly. He'd fit in well at say Emirates Marketing Project and other teams with piles more money, but he's the sort of player which we could do with and English. No idea who the next Grealish is....
Unfortunately we issued our chance to sign Grealish when Poch wanted him. That whole thing though does emphasise that young players who stand out in the Championship are likely to be capable of playing PL football. IMO that is where we should be looking for our association trained players.

Unfortunately we issued our chance to sign Grealish when Poch wanted him. That whole thing though does emphasise that young players who stand out in the Championship are likely to be capable of playing PL football. IMO that is where we should be looking for our association trained players.
Agreed
Take the gamble and reap the rewards
The risks are actually quite low as generally you can sell them on still

Indeed. Buendia at Norwich is another gem in the Championship. He was one of the most creative players in the PL last season even though he played for one of the worst teams.

Very good player, arsenal apparently looking at him if they dont get Auora from Lyon. Think I would prefer Buendia myself.

Scored a lovely goal the other day as well.

Check out at Olise at Reading. Seriously watch his YouTube videos. I have seen him on the highlights of games this season.

Blinding player, Emirates Marketing Project academy player. French but counts as association trained. So much skill, takes people on and scores, good passing.

Probably about 15m, probably go to West ham or someone and probably be a 80m player in 18 months time.
Has an £8m release clause

He really is a top player ( and just turned 24), his contract is until 2012 and he would be a great signing. The word is that Norwich will not let him go though.

A player from the lower leagues that I'd have us go out and sign this January is Alfie Dougherty from Charlton. He only has 6 months left on his deal there so is free to sign a pre contract with overseas clubs (Celtic have bid previously and I think there will be a fair amount of German interest as well). He is 21, 6 foot, powerful, very quick and good on the ball. Started at left back but has been playing as a left winger in Charlton's first team. I think he could become a brilliant attacking left back in the PL.

I think he could probably be snapped up for around £1m due to his contract situation. Would be a real no lose gamble type of signing.

Back