• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How do you listen to music at the gym

Where married people go to start affairs

Haha

The are so many young girls at mine. I go snap fitness right next to Hove station and it is 24 hours. The is one girl maybe 25 so half my age, always wears the most revealing tops. Constantly making eye contact and chats to me. I told her have parkinsons and she seemed intrigued rather then sympathetic.

Honestly the amount of young women out there that are into the father figure has shocked me, both at work and at the gym.

One reason to wear headphones while listening to Jordan Peterson to it as it is.

I don't. If I'm at the gym, I'm there to work out, not listen to music.

If I want to listen to music, I sit in my Ekornes Stressless chair, put on my Beyerdynamic DT990 headphones, and plug them into the receiver connected to my library of lossless music.

You do know that for millions of people, the BPM/rhythm element of music can help mentally engage people to complete far more in a gym session than there might normally. Much as I wish I was David Carradine in Kung Fu, and could simply conjure the force and fortitude from within my own aging grey matter, the truth is (depending on the day) if I can catch some fire with Killing Joke, Metallica, Carl Cox or Underworld, I get a lot more sweat streaming out of my generous-yet-not-entirely-indecent-55-year-old-frame than if I rely on my own conjured soundtrack!

I stay fit by doing schit. The sorta schit that music don't fit.

Lugging 40-80 lbs of camera and studio gear to shoots. No chance I'm zoning out on music running a photo shoot, directing subjects.

Hauling power tools and lumber to job sites around my home and cottage. vvvvVVVRRRRRIZZZZZZZZZZZEEEEEEEEYYYYYYOWWWWWWWWangdangdangangannngggg. And no chance I play music over the orgiastic pleasure of operating a power tool.

Vigorous and regular marital maintenance. Can only hear my wife holding whole notes of pleasure.

Never been in a gym since high school. Last place I'd go to dig tunes. David Byrne summed up gym life for me very succinctly:

Ev'rything is divided
Nothing is complete
Ev'rything looks impressive
Do not be deceived

You don't have to wait for more instructions
No one makes a monkey out of me
We lie on our backs, feet in the air
Rest and relaxation, rocket to my brain

Snap into position
Bounce till you ache
Step out of line
And you end up in jail

Yeah. Would you pour me a Cuban Breeze, Gretchen*? And pass me the 5/8 head for the impact driver?

*Sly musical reference.

Last edited:
I have always used Apple airpods, none of the other in ear buds seem work for me. Don't think I've ever had an iPhone either, their airpods just seem to fit well (for me anyway, I know they are not for everyone). I'm sure there are better options but I can't be arsed to look!

Back