• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Heurelho Gomes

I get your point, but my impression has been a bit different, particularly for those that played a big part in that CL qualification. Players like Gomes, Hudd, BAE, Palacios, Corluka, Crouch and Kranjcar for example (all 20+ league appearances that season) have always had a large number of people supporting them even when at times later they've fallen out of the first team for variuos reasons.

Very true, I miss Niko such a classy player on his day wan unplayable like the 9-1 Wigan match. I need to buy that DVD

fair enough just seems a bit odd usually these are the people getting slated for inflating our wage bill

To be fair, he mentioned a few times about being priced out of moves by Levy so it was the clubs decision to keep him as backup. I also think the way some of our fans used to take the **** by cheering whenever he caught the ball during his bad games was appalling and a low point for me as a supporter of this club to know this is how some of our fans behave.

I think Gomes has wanted out for a while, but deals have fallen through due to our asking price, as well as his wage demands (IIRC).

Very true, I miss Niko such a classy player on his day wan unplayable like the 9-1 Wigan match. I need to buy that DVD

Amazing hes in the championship, is better than that.

Random its for Harry as well, still remember he came of the bench to score the winner in successive games and still got dropped for the next game.

Random its for Harry as well, still remember he came of the bench to score the winner in successive games and still got dropped for the next game.

I don't think it's random at all. Third time Redknapp has signed Kranjcar and obviously QPR are in a position where they can afford his most likely significant wages (by Championship standards).

I don't think it's random at all. Third time Redknapp has signed Kranjcar and obviously QPR are in a position where they can afford his most likely significant wages (by Championship standards).

I meant that he doesn't seem to treat him very well in terms of recognition and playing time. Like you say though money talks.

I meant that he doesn't seem to treat him very well in terms of recognition and playing time. Like you say though money talks.

I always got the feeling that despite being dropped for Bale and drifting out of the first team Kranjcar always liked working with Redknapp. His kind of manager, someone that gave him the freedom to do more or less as he wanted when attacking and didn't expect him to run around chasing and pressing for 90 minutes.

To be fair, he mentioned a few times about being priced out of moves by Levy so it was the clubs decision to keep him as backup. I also think the way some of our fans used to take the **** by cheering whenever he caught the ball during his bad games was appalling and a low point for me as a supporter of this club to know this is how some of our fans behave.

+1 A low point indeed.

Not really. If he was that much better than everyone else, why does he not feature more?

It's official. Gomes is off.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/farewell-gomes-220514/

"Heurelho Gomes is to leave the Club at the conclusion of his contract next month and we would like to wish the popular goalkeeper all the best for the future.

Gomes joined us from PSV Eindhoven in July 2008 and has made 135 appearances in our colours, memorably helping the team qualify for the Champions League via finishing fourth in the 2009-10 season and being part of the side that reached the quarter-finals of the competition in the following campaign."

It's official. Gomes is off.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/farewell-gomes-220514/

"Heurelho Gomes is to leave the Club at the conclusion of his contract next month and we would like to wish the popular goalkeeper all the best for the future.

Gomes joined us from PSV Eindhoven in July 2008 and has made 135 appearances in our colours, memorably helping the team qualify for the Champions League via finishing fourth in the 2009-10 season and being part of the side that reached the quarter-finals of the competition in the following campaign."

Guess that means we are still considering options/extensions re Friedel and Kaboul, or we would have announced all three at the same time.

Good luck to the big guy. Never made a fuss in the press and was a total professional. Hope he finds success again.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=493091020792406

Heurelho Gomes
The King ! Thank you very much for everything you have done, was great to play with you. GHod bless you , great person with a big heart ! Obrigado por tudo que você fez no futebol, foi demais jogar com você ! Tudo de bom ! Deus abençoe , grande pessoa com um coração gigante ! #King #26

10313538_493091020792406_6227844903227615730_n.jpg

He was Unlucky to come at a time where we'd have the worse start to a season in years in a team that had no confidence. Sometimes he could make awful mistakes but some of the games he had during the season we qualified for Champions League were fundamental to us getting there.

Always remember that when Bendtner scored against us to make it 2-1 with about 10 minutes left in the NLD with THAT goal by Danny Rose I was in the South Stand and we'd gone silent. Probably because of the all to familiar sight of Arsenal getting back into a game and preventing us from beating them. Gomes turned around to face the supporters and started waving his arms, urging us to pick up the volume again which we did.

Was my favorite player from the 09/10 season just because you could tell how much he cared for the club. Wish him the best of luck where ever he goes now.

He was Unlucky to come at a time where we'd have the worse start to a season in years in a team that had no confidence. Sometimes he could make awful mistakes but some of the games he had during the season we qualified for Champions League were fundamental to us getting there.

Always remember that when Bendtner scored against us to make it 2-1 with about 10 minutes left in the NLD with THAT goal by Danny Rose I was in the South Stand and we'd gone silent. Probably because of the all to familiar sight of Arsenal getting back into a game and preventing us from beating them. Gomes turned around to face the supporters and started waving his arms, urging us to pick up the volume again which we did.

Was my favorite player from the 09/10 season just because you could tell how much he cared for the club. Wish him the best of luck where ever he goes now.

And he saved us with an amazing save from a RvP free kick in that game as well, IIRC.

On his day a world class keeper, and always a great character. Good luck wherever you end up!

Back