• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Heurelho Gomes

People still remember that without his extraordinary performances we would never have experienced our very memorable CL qualification and campaign.

And yet Pavlyuchenko is a dirty word around here. Without him, our first CL campaign would have ended before it began against Young Boys.

And yet Pavlyuchenko is a dirty word around here. Without him, our first CL campaign would have ended before it began against Young Boys.

In all honesty, I'd have been confident going into the home game against Young Boys being 3-1 down and needing to win 2-0. So I think we can probably thank Bassong too.

Pav is no way a curse word on this board.

I would argue that he was very poorly managed during his time with us, and could have been a valuable asset even now if used and managed properly.

Doesn't need any more money and wanted to stay in the area is my guess.

Always seemed a decent guy and London/herts is a great area

In all honesty, I'd have been confident going into the home game against Young Boys being 3-1 down and needing to win 2-0. So I think we can probably thank Bassong too.

Maybe, but they should have literally parked the bus with a two goal lead. With us having two away goals they knew they'd have to go for it a little - who knows! Anyway, for me Pav was technically our best finisher in his period at the club. I just think he never consistently had a partner who could compliment him...

As others have pointed out this is not necessarily true, and really no more true than it is for many other players including Bassong, Crouch etc.

For the CL qualification season not only did Gomes make some incredible and decisive saves to help get us there, he was truly outstanding overall that season. I don't think that can be said about any of Pav's seasons at Spurs.

Back