• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Heurelho Gomes

In 2009/10 Gomes was amazing all season and arguably the best keeper in the league. I knew he had it in him from early in his Spurs day.. I remember being away at Cheatski in a rare draw (1-1 IIRC, Ramos in charge) and that was almnost all down to him - he pulled off a string of world class saves that day including a worldie from a Lampard chip.

I think some of the abuse he got was disgusting personally. I think mentally he didn't have the capacity to recover from errors like other top keepers have - but he's clearly a nice bloke who liked Spurs a lot. He did not deserve the utter vile he got from some of our so-called fans.

Best of luck to the Octopus.

Good luck to the chap. Very disappointed in the way the club effectively wrote him off after his dodgy spell. Mismanagement of the asset.

Anyway I thought it was telling that Gomes got a nice 'send off' the offical Spurs site whereas Tim got a a virtual slap in the face as he was leaving.

There's an alternative universe where Gomes is now getting ready for the World Cup as Brazil's number one.

All the best to him, hope he finds success at his next club (as long as it's not against us). Must have been a frustrating time for him being left out in the cold for so long, but by all signs he's been a professional and a good guy to have around all along.

Jordan Archer ‏@Jordan_Archer
Want to thank @GOMESNUMBER1 for everything he's done for me! Learned so much! A great role model, a true professional & a great friend.....
.... Best shot stopper in the game, hands down! Wish you all the best with your future ventures! Thankyou.. @GOMESNUMBER1

Jordan Archer ‏@Jordan_Archer
Want to thank @GOMESNUMBER1 for everything he's done for me! Learned so much! A great role model, a true professional & a great friend.....
.... Best shot stopper in the game, hands down! Wish you all the best with your future ventures! Thankyou.. @GOMESNUMBER1

Agree with all of that…a tragic case of mis-management... I said it at the time.

Seems like he has already signed with a new club

10r1j53.jpg

Good for him. Sad it couldn't have worked out better at Spurs.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

no offence to watford but he surely good enough for at least the newly promoted teams in the premer league?

You'd think so.

And for him to sign for them so early in the transfer window is kinda strange, probably other clubs could have become interested later in the window.

Makes me think that perhaps GB is spot on and that staying in London was important for him.

I suppose with him being out of contention for us for such a long time some clubs would have been unsure about where he is at the moment and not wanted to risk it. Exposure does influence transfer fees and who goes for players immensely it seems.

Massive deal for Watford though. Championship transfer deal of the season?

You'd think so.

And for him to sign for them so early in the transfer window is kinda strange, probably other clubs could have become interested later in the window.

Makes me think that perhaps GB is spot on and that staying in London was important for him.

I suppose with him being out of contention for us for such a long time some clubs would have been unsure about where he is at the moment and not wanted to risk it. Exposure does influence transfer fees and who goes for players immensely it seems.

Massive deal for Watford though. Championship transfer deal of the season?
Depends on what Gomes you get

Fair play to him, looks like it wasn't about the money but more about quality of life and not uprooting his family again.

Back