• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Henrik Mkhitaryan

Shakhtar Donetsk coach Mircea Lucescu has warned Henrikh Mkhitaryan he would be making a mistake if he joined either Liverpool or Tottenham.

The Reds and Spurs are both reported to be chasing the highly-rated Armenian playmaker as they look to bolster their attacking options this summer.

"I can understand the urge to leave if he has a chance to go to a club that surpasses Shakhtar, like Barcelona or Real Madrid, but not many clubs are beyond our level - not clubs like Liverpool or Tottenham."
Mircea Lucescu on Henrikh Mkhitaryan
Liverpool are rumoured to be leading the chase for Mkhitaryan, but Lucescu insists there is still time for the 24-year-old to change his mind and stay at Shakhtar.

"It is his decision, his desire, but there is still time for him to change his mind, because I think he is making a big mistake," Lucescu is quoted as saying in the Daily Mirror.

"I can understand the urge to leave if he has a chance to go to a club that surpasses Shakhtar, like Barcelona or Real Madrid, but not many clubs are beyond our level - not clubs like Liverpool or Tottenham.

"We are a strong club with 50,000 passionate supporters every week, and every year we are fighting for the league, the cups and the Champions League.

"This place is good for him, and he is making a mistake if he thinks there are many teams above this level."

tumblr_lp8j41Wf9f1qiqv2o.gif

a bit of an over-inflated opinion of the club perhaps? or it translates too... * romanian accent* "geev uz more maaney farcking" *romanian accent off*

i guess Lucescu wasnt so bothered about Willian's career when they accepted the stupid money from Anzi....Willian had given them great service and they could have accepted less from a better club in a bigger league

w@nkers

I'm biased obvioulsy, but I would be ecstatic if Henrik joined us!! From what I've seen of him he's the real deal too

I think this has been an issue before with clubs like Shakhtar, it was similar to when Kranjcar went to Kyiv and went on about how he moved to a bigger club. I think it dents their pride a bit when a player wants to move to a no CL side from them as they see themselves as part of the elite. Like when the Greeks were unhappy with Papadopoulos for referring to Olympikos as a stepping stone. Their just trying to save face, and keep their player

Also signed Aubameyang.. They just keep things churning over dont they? They'll probably sell both players for a profit in a few seasons too.

Mkhitaryan has a goal and an assist to his name within 25 minutes of putting on a Dortmund shirt.

He is a magnificent player, and I'm glad Dortmund got him. Eminently likeable club, and certainly a far more fitting destination for him (from our point of view, anyway) than Liverpool.

With PEA, Mkhitaryan and Papadopoulos joining, I think they've effectively filled the gap left by Gotze's departure. And If Schieber can step up, there's no reason he can't replace Lewandowski when he leaves next summer, fairly average 2012-2013 be damned.

Back