• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Help with branding

AuroRaman

Chris Armstrong
Hello lads and ladettes

I've noticed over the time I have frequented this site that there are a lot of very creative posters. I'm hoping I might be able to utilize some of your mad skillz for a project of mine.

I've had a 'side project' for number of years now as a singer/songwriter/musician. I've just been signed up by an indie label in New Zealand (I'm based in Australia at the moment) and I have some big plans for how I want to be branded, as it were. My stage name is my name here, AuroRaman. I have been toying with the idea of wearing a mask and I've got the full blessing of the label and management to go with this theme.

The sort of thing I'm looking at creating is along the lines of Will I Am's mask in the Rock Your Body video. Here are a couple of examples:

mask1.jpg

mask2.jpg

Ideally, I'd like something that keeps the lower half of my face open and I'd also like to incorporate my logo into the cheek/s;

logo.jpg

If anyone has any spare time on their hands and can think of some cool ideas, I'd really appreciate it! I've got a couple of my arty friends willing to look into it as well but would be good to get as much feedback as possible. I've not really had a chance to update my online presence in a while due to moving countries and establishing myself here plus having to hold fire on online stuff whilst I plan with the powers-that-be how we're moving forward with this etc, but if you want to check out some of my stuff, you can do so here;

www.youtube.com/auroramusicman

www.auroraman.com

www.facebook.com/AuroRamanMusic

http://soundcloud.com/auroraman

Most of my newer tracks are on the youtube page, along with some covers just to get the hits up! The other pages have older material.

Thanks guys!

OWirMMe.jpg

I'm sorry but :ross:

AuroRaman, I can see that branding is important but really not seeing a mask as the way forward especially for the style of music but perhaps thats just me. If it was hip hop/r&b/dance then maybe. But I'm feeling old at the moment so what do i know.

I'm trying to do a serious one but my internet history is starting to look a bit dodgy.

:ross: :ross: :ross:

My fiancee just recorded almost two minutes worth of audio of me in hysterics, you bastard!

I have been toying with the idea for the last few years about how I want to brand AuroRaman. Firstly it was as an acoustic singer/songwriter but my heart has always been as part of a band playing rock n' roll music! I have always been enamoured with the idea of 'superhero' type figures and now I want to incorporate that into my music. Therefore the idea came into play. There's a few reasons for this:

•I like the idea AuroRaman could interact with an audience as an 'idea' rather than just a person. A bit like Batman (where I got the influence from!). I also like the enigma it causes, for example, when Slipknot came on the scene, the masks were not misconstrued as a gimmick, they became a part of the band and each member represented their respective masks so well. The masks weren't a side-show of their music but rather emphasised what they represented.

•I'm a very private person. If the Universe is kind and I achieve my dreams in music, I would love the idea that no-one would really know Raman in the public eye and focus entirely on AuroRaman

•I'm no spring chicken in terms of music! Although I'm young age-wise, I'm practically a veteran in the music world. I look young for my age (31) but wearing a mask would ensure the industry wouldn't judge me as they sadly still do when it comes to age. If I keep physically and mentally fit, I could wear this into my late 30's and beyond without having to worry about preconceptions due to my age.

I know this is all a bit airy-fairy for your average football fan, but help a brother out :ross:

Now, how do I make that picture my avatar??

is this thread a tinkle take? i sure hope so.. anyone who's inspired by will-i-am, in any form, shouldn't be making 'music.'

Surely 'coming out' would have been easier than this.

I will help you once i've worked out how

For all things 'mask'....wait for chich to log on

Back