• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Help for Marine

spursfan1976

Willem Korsten
Hi guys,

Hope this is ok to post. Wanted to make it seperate so it didn’t get lost in the pages of a match thread.

Our upcoming game against Marine in the FA Cup is huge for them. It will more than likely be shown on TV and they will of course get a share of the profits for that, however one Spurs fan has set up a GoFundMe page where fans can donate some money as well. Perhaps the price of the burger that you would have had at the game, the ticket cost, petrol money - whatever it might be, any amount can make a huge difference to a club of marines size.

I wanted to share the link in case anyone fancied really helping out a smaller club during these covid times, and also, getting a bit of a positive news story out there for Spurs fans.

I should point out, I don’t know the guy who has started the page, I’m just putting the link in here from various Facebook groups relating to Spurs.

If you want to donate, please feel free, if you don’t want to, please know there’s no pressure to do so.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/marine-f...ign=p_cp+share-sheet&utm_medium=copy_link_all

You know how down in the pecking order the team is when they're a Northern Premier League Division One North West team.

You know how down in the pecking order the team is when they're a Northern Premier League Division One North West team.

Where does that stand in relation to the Tesco North Circular Relegation League? Just asking for ashen-faced Ron Knee

Marine will probably use the proceeds to help rent an agricultural implements to hack up the turf. Hire a few job-dodging local serfs and call it groundskeeping.

Marine are going to do pretty well out of all this. Another Spurs site that I follow, Cartilage Free Captain, have taken it to the next level and set up a GoFundMe to buy a minor sponsorship for the match. They were hoping for the £1000 Teamsheet Sponsor package...but have now hit £7500 for the "Back of Shorts" package -- so all the Marine players will be running around, on TV, with "Cartilage Free Captain" on their arses. Hopefully Ledley will see the funny side!

https://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnati...ham-hotspur-news-marine-fc-sponsorship-fa-cup
(the fundraiser's in $USD as the site's run by Yanks)

All the money raised goes to Marine, and they've got the option to send some (or all) of it to a local charity of their choice.

Help for Marine? There's Michael Cox on The Athletic giving a detailed outline with pics and arrows of how Spurs are vulnerable to corners and set pieces.

And, of course, gobby Jamie 'OwnGoal' Carragher has probably spent the past month bringing in Liverpool alumni to help coach Marine in just such tactics.

Their residents (Jamie Carragher and Ancelotti) can help them out. Don't forget Scousers want to break away from the rest of England and form their own country.

Back