• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Help an Ipad newbie out

I know very well about hdmi-cec. And it ISN'T a standard set in stone. Like hdmi arc, it's a fudging pain in the ass. Among many other faults, it is the cause of units powering up by themselves (usually in the middle of the night). But that wasn't what I was referring to, it was the ability to (not) control it with the phone, as only iPhone is supported, unlike something like chromecast or Nvidia shield, which you can control with ANY phone.
Only apple (fan boys) could say that being able to control a unit with only a single type of phone, is a benefit/feature! Hahaha!

Well what can I say. Mine all works perfectly anyway. (ARC included). Sorry you seem to be struggling with it all so much.

I suggest the issue might be a ‘fault between desk and keyboard’ ;-)

Well what can I say. Mine all works perfectly anyway. (ARC included). Sorry you seem to be struggling with it all so much.

I think know my way around tech and HiFi stuff. I was product manager for Pioneer Scandinavia DJ and HiFi products for years. ;)

Pioneer isn't an apple product is it?
You told me Apple wasn’t compatable with anything, make yer mind up love!

I had a pioneer midi back in the 90’s. Was great, but was bloody annoying that the remote control wouldn’t operate the air con, and my Breville sandwich maker wouldn’t turn the volume up on the CD player. Had to get rid. :D

APPLE products only work with Apple products. EXACTLY! But other brands mostly adapt their products to support both ios and Android. Pioneer has chosen to only support ios, and it's gone downhill ever since. Are you able to see the difference?

APPLE products only work with Apple products. EXACTLY! But other brands mostly adapt their products to support both ios and Android. Pioneer has chosen to only support ios, and it's gone downhill ever since. Are you able to see the difference?

Dude, as I love you I called Tim Cook and complained.

He’s responded by getting this update out for you:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....797/samsung-2019-tvs-itunes-support-airplay-2

You did say you had a Samsung tv didn’t you? My bad if not, I’ll call him back and sort! :-D

I wont touch the Apple/not debate. Not a fan, say no more.

But you remind me of when I worked in a systems team, we called that issue either PICNIC or UTS.

Problem In Chair Not In Computer, or my favourite - User To Stupid.

I used to love slipping in a "Sounds like youve got a UTS issue, Ill take a look at it" when people came over for help and waiting to see if my boss could contain the sniggers...

But you remind me of when I worked in a systems team, we called that issue either PICNIC or UTS.

I used to love slipping in a "Sounds like youve got a UTS issue, Ill take a look at it" when people came over for help and waiting to see if my boss could contain the sniggers...

;)

Haha, yes indeed. I’m in IT nowadays and all of these are some of the favourite ribbings used! :D

Back