• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Help an Ipad newbie out

Daisuk

Les Medley
So ... I got my first Ipad a few months back, and ... it's got great apps and all, but file managing! Jesus fudging christ! What kind of idiot designed this thing? There is actually no program equivalent to "file explorer" on Windows, so ... where the fudge do you find your brick? I'm bouncing out this little animation I've made, and it saves to ... somewhere, but I have no clue where (in the file folder for the app itself I can only find project files, not renders). I've tried searching for it, nothing. I can find some "folders" or whatever the fudge they are, but ... there's no overarching structure to the file system, at all. Or so it seems.

The people who praise Apple and brick like this should be shot. fudging idiots.

Is there ANY fudging WAY to just browse all the files on an Ipad in a logical way? Or is everything just fudging buried somewhere and I'm supposed to guess where it all is? fudging nonsense.

Yes, the Files app

Thanks. I've used this. And while I can find certain files with it, some folders connected to certain apps simply seem to not appear in that app, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to access them. :p

Sounds like me when I got an Ipad from work in 2011. It was an instant love/hate relationship that quickly deteriorated. We now use the ancient fudger - the only Apple product ever to grace my household - for the kids to watch videos on.

But but but.... Apple products are so easy to use!

It's a horrible, horrible system. Even the most basic task is buried within hundreds of sub menus, or does simply not exist. ios is years behind android now.

On my iPhone, the photos are stored in Photos.

On my wife's Android phone, the photos are stored in Gallery or Images or a subfolder I made called Phots or a subfolder she made called 2016... it's a mess because "users" get involved.

On my wife's Android phone, the photos are stored in Gallery or Images or a subfolder I made called Phots or a subfolder she made called 2016... it's a mess because "users" get involved.

Just choose "settings" on your camera app and save your files wherever the fudge you want. :)

Also, your iPhone now stores images in a format that no one else supports. How about that!

Last edited:
I've been an iOS fanboy for years, but even I'm starting to get fudged off with them. I had a dabble with Android for a couple of weeks recently and the only reason I can't change is my wife and me share calendars on our iPhones. I'm yet to find a piece of software that gives us exactly what we have (Instant notifications of calendar entries and changes) but across two platforms and doesn't involve her dropping the iOS calendar in favour of Googles. frustrating

I've been an iOS fanboy for years, but even I'm starting to get fudged off with them. I had a dabble with Android for a couple of weeks recently and the only reason I can't change is my wife and me share calendars on our iPhones. I'm yet to find a piece of software that gives us exactly what we have (Instant notifications of calendar entries and changes) but across two platforms and doesn't involve her dropping the iOS calendar in favour of Googles. frustrating
You can both use Google calendars - it's multi platform. Set yourselves up in a family and you should be able to do what you need.

My wife uses a iPhone and everything we need to share comes via Google.

The ios calendar integration is really pretty good, the only thing it can’t cope with is Lightning. And it’s completely my fault that I inflicted myself with Mozilla.

Back