• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saudi Sportswashing Machine

A football finance expert was saying that in the Prem, for FFP, a club can lose £105m over 3 years.
And in the last few years they made about £30m per year so £90m over 3 years.
So in this first year of FFP they could go nuts and spend absolutely shedloads for a laugh e.g. £200m but then next year they would lose that first profitable year and would have just the two £30m years, then this huge loss making year...

But it isn't simple because if you buy a £50m player on a 5 year contract you only recognise £10m of that cost per year, so they could actually do a LOT of business that way i.e. long deals mean they could sign a lot of £50m players if it is only a £10m hit for each.
Or even just loans, so no initial payment.

Also worth noting that UEFA is much stricter, can't remember the details but more like £30m loss... so once Newcash want to start playing in European competitions they will have a much tighter line to hit.

Only Saudi Sportswashing Machine and City voted against it.

I don't know what it is, but there is something I cannot stand about that woman. Maybe it's the dead neo liberal eyes. She made a right clam of herself in the match, what with all the jumping around and clapping when Saudi Sportswashing Machine scored. Went a bit sullen after that though. The guy next to her completely lost interest and was texting on his phone rather than watching the game.

I don't know what it is, but there is something I cannot stand about that woman. Maybe it's the dead neo liberal eyes. She made a right clam of herself in the match, what with all the jumping around and clapping when Saudi Sportswashing Machine scored. Went a bit sullen after that though. The guy next to her completely lost interest and was texting on his phone rather than watching the game.

"But Daddy I want a Pony, You said I could have a Pony, .... I want that Pony NOW ... arrrrggghhhhh!"

She looks like a lady that sucked dingdong to get to the top.

That's her husband I think. Also on the board of directors at Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

A football finance expert was saying that in the Prem, for FFP, a club can lose £105m over 3 years.
So in this first year of FFP they could go nuts and spend absolutely shedloads for a laugh e.g. £200m but then next year they would lose that first profitable year and would have just the two £30m years, then this huge loss making year...

But it isn't simple because if you buy a £50m player on a 5 year contract you only recognise £10m of that cost per year, so they could actually do a LOT of business that way i.e. long deals mean they could sign a lot of £50m players if it is only a £10m hit for each.

Also worth noting that UEFA is much stricter, can't remember the details but more like £30m loss... so once Newcash want to start playing in European competitions they will have a much tighter line to hit.

Its like city and their "not held to ransom" mantra when it comes to buying players, it's nothing to do with how it will affect their ffp. Or that they have the lure of mucho wages to unsettle players.

Agreed, something very unsettling about her plastic surgery. She does look like the lion out of "Beauty and the Beast" 90s TV show, as someone posted earlier.
Her choice of rubber dress was ...er... eccentric. She was fawning all over the non-exec-chairman Yasir Al-Rumayyan.

She (her company) helped to buy City from Shinawatra, then tried to buy Liverpool, then bought Newcash so she has been around a long time and will profess undying love to any team that looks her way.

Apparently she was romantically involved with Prince Andrew in 2003... which makes me think... Prince Andrew was hanging around with Jeffrey Epstein and the 17 year old Giuffre and Ghislaine Maxwell around 1999/2000 and the allegations against Epstein molesting a 14 year old came out in 2005 and related to several allegations in the years 2002-2005... and Prince Andrew invited Epstein to Beatrice's birthday party in 2006... so it is an interesting circle of people and timeline, I wonder how much Staveley knew / met / travelled with these people.

Although I suppose she is 'in bed' with much worse people now.

Anyway, here is Amanda Staveley's background:

Staveley was once involved romantically with Prince Andrew, Duke of York, before meeting her husband Mehrdad Ghodoussi, who worked for her company.

Personable and powerful, Staveley's company is backed by a reported £28billion in funds from the Middle East and China and she clearly has her sights set on becoming a big player in football.

Staveley and PCP helped broker Sheikh Mansour's takeover of Emirates Marketing Project from Thaksin Shinawatra in 2009.

And last year the firm were part of a joint bid to take a share in Liverpool which was rejected by the Fenway Sports Group.

She sounded out Liverpool's American owners but walked away after they slapped a prohibitive £1billion price tag on the club after preliminary buy-out talks.

Staveley also has connections to horse racing.

The daughter of Robert and Lynne Staveley, Amanda retains the Yorkshire accent of her upbringing, and bold business undertakings appear to run in the family.

Her father founded the Lightacoer Valley theme park in 1969 while her grandfather, Ralph, was successful running a betting business and, later, Doncaster dog racing track.

After packing in her degree, Staveley took out a £180,000 loan to open the restaurant Stocks between Cambridge and Newmarket.

With no formal training, she "lived and breathed business and banking" both studying for her future roles in the city and working as a waitress.

It is here Staveley is said to have build her extensive business network in the Middle East from her Newmarket restaurant - brushing shoulders with the region’s wealthy horse owners.

One of these was said to be a major investor in her next venture, the Q.ton conference centre on Cambridge Science Park, before being named Businesswoman of the Year in 2000.

But after selling a 49 per cent stake to EuroTelecom, a company which flopped in the collapse of the Dotcom boom, but after buying back her stake in Q.ton in a complicated deal the company failed.

She's called herself a "roostery, arrogant bugger" at the time but it was a hard-learned lesson that she's never looked back from.

Apparently she was romantically involved with Prince Andrew in 2003... which makes me think... Prince Andrew was hanging around with Jeffrey Epstein and the 17 year old Giuffre and Ghislaine Maxwell around 1999/2000 and the allegations against Epstein molesting a 14 year old came out in 2005 and related to several allegations in the years 2002-2005... and Prince Andrew invited Epstein to Beatrice's birthday party in 2006... so it is an interesting circle of people and timeline, I wonder how much Staveley knew / met / travelled with these people.

Although I suppose she is 'in bed' with much worse people now.

Anyway, here is Amanda Staveley's background:

Staveley was once involved romantically with Prince Andrew, Duke of York, before meeting her husband Mehrdad Ghodoussi, who worked for her company.

Personable and powerful, Staveley's company is backed by a reported £28billion in funds from the Middle East and China and she clearly has her sights set on becoming a big player in football.

Staveley and PCP helped broker Sheikh Mansour's takeover of Emirates Marketing Project from Thaksin Shinawatra in 2009.

And last year the firm were part of a joint bid to take a share in Liverpool which was rejected by the Fenway Sports Group.

She sounded out Liverpool's American owners but walked away after they slapped a prohibitive £1billion price tag on the club after preliminary buy-out talks.

Staveley also has connections to horse racing.

The daughter of Robert and Lynne Staveley, Amanda retains the Yorkshire accent of her upbringing, and bold business undertakings appear to run in the family.

Her father founded the Lightacoer Valley theme park in 1969 while her grandfather, Ralph, was successful running a betting business and, later, Doncaster dog racing track.

After packing in her degree, Staveley took out a £180,000 loan to open the restaurant Stocks between Cambridge and Newmarket.

With no formal training, she "lived and breathed business and banking" both studying for her future roles in the city and working as a waitress.

It is here Staveley is said to have build her extensive business network in the Middle East from her Newmarket restaurant - brushing shoulders with the region’s wealthy horse owners.

One of these was said to be a major investor in her next venture, the Q.ton conference centre on Cambridge Science Park, before being named Businesswoman of the Year in 2000.

But after selling a 49 per cent stake to EuroTelecom, a company which flopped in the collapse of the Dotcom boom, but after buying back her stake in Q.ton in a complicated deal the company failed.

She's called herself a "roostery, arrogant bugger" at the time but it was a hard-learned lesson that she's never looked back from.

Stop calling out Prince Andrew, we all knew that he would not be investigated ... he didnt even break a sweat.

Also when you sell a player all that money is counted in one go. So you could sign a player for £50m over 5 years and sell one for £10m. That would mean the that season your net spend would be £0. Even minus if the player you sold had amortisation.
I'm not so certain with prem rules, but ffp youth, stadium expenses etc... are not counted towards your "loses". Under those rules they could go out and buy 5 u21 players at £100m each and it wouldn't count until they were over 21.

The guy was treated disgracefully by the club and the fans up there. He had to go in the end, it was clear they were a mess on Sunday, but the way they did it was classless. For all the talk of how wonderful Saudi Sportswashing Machine and its fans are, they showed a very, very ugly side to a man who was one of them and achieved pretty much what the previous guy did and he was hailed as some sort of messiah.

Back