• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Was about to say they'll be renaming Shearers Bar "Sheikers Bar" then found out it had already been changed in 2013. Shows how much interest I take in the name of the place I'm drinking. I've been in there numerous times since then o_O

Hadn’t quite realised that. Thank you. Which makes whoring themselves to murderous despots all the more tragic.
Unfortunately it's toothless.

All a club needs to do is get a sponsor willing to pay well over the odds for the shirt, stadium, trees at the training ground, etc as City have. Losses disappear very quickly when a club is suddenly as valuable to sponsors as Barca.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it's toothless.

All a club needs to do is get a sponsor willing to pay well over the odds for the shirt, stadium, threes at the training ground, etc as City have. Losses disappear very quickly when a club is suddenly as valuable to sponsors as Barca.
Their issue I think is they have all of them in place so that’s how the new figure will be judged until they make inroads into European competition
Then cheat mode really kicks in

emoji116.png

Yep. The key thing is to keep BAE viable by safeguarding sales of the kit used to rain death in Yemen. Which makes pragmatic sense as a policy objective, while arguably raising slightly tougher moral questions than whether Mandy Stavely and a cabal of murderers are fit to take over from Mike Ashley as custodians of a struggling football club in Scottish border territory.

Yep. The key thing is to keep BAE viable by safeguarding sales of the kit used to rain death in Yemen. Which makes pragmatic sense as a policy objective, while arguably raising slightly tougher moral questions than whether Mandy Stavely and a cabal of murderers are fit to take over from Mike Ashley as custodians of a struggling football club in Scottish border territory.

Disco Benny?

You say it raises questions of morality but you're speaking about the UK government who have never been driven by such concerns. The court of public opinion (the press) matters to them as does the business of doing business with Saudi Arabia.

Back