• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Has anyone ever

Being Norfa Merican where steak consumption is a three-meal-a-day privilege, I like to get some nice strip loins and reverse sear them on the barbecue.

Stick the raw meat on the top shelf of the barbecue and turn the heat up fairly high to get the internal temperatures up and the meat partially cooked. You can use a meat ther-mo-meter to monitor it or a flick knife to expose and monitor the bloody flesh inside. Once you think you've got the internal part cooked to a suitable stage, take them off to rest for a few moments and lower the BBQ heat until the steaks go back on. When they're ready to go again, crank up the heat and give the pre-cooked steaks a good searing on the lower racks.

While performing this precise cooking process, I recommend enjoying a nicely breathed Spanish Bierzo red wine and a selection of horny funk tunes from Tower of Power (We Came To Play, Soul With A Capital S and What Is Hip? work especially well for me). Your mileage may vary.

No, salt it and cover it with foil and put it in the refrigerator. It will make the meat more tender, and the salt will penetrate into the meat and flavor it. Salting just before only leaves the salt on top. Try it, and you will be amazed. 1 hour before is a minimum, but even that makes a huge difference.
I've tried that, I found it too dry. It might be that I had a dodgy piece of steak but it was noticeable.

I've tried that, I found it too dry. It might be that I had a dodgy piece of steak but it was noticeable.
Think you've just been unlucky with the steak. The moisture doesn't disappear. The salt absorbes some moisture, yes, but it doesn't disappear. The salt is still there, and so is the moisture. After a while, the salt will "melt" into the meat, with all the moisture, and add an even, salty taste to the entire piece of meat, not just the outside layer.

Back