• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harrys Trial

Henry out?? Careful there...

My perception of Harry will only change if he ever fudges THFC over. Couldn't give two bricks about him and his taxes. Of course if his tax evasion leads him to fudge THFC over, then I would give two bricks about it. But I doubt it will.

If that made any sense.

Of course he's guilty. He was paid a sum of money into an offshore account and didn't declare it for taxation purposes.
He will put in a plea of mitigation and he will be fined.

They aren't after HR and unpaid taxes on a chickenfeed amount like that, he's just collateral damage in a wider case, if I'm reading the runes correctly.

Some people on here are making a spectacular mountain out of a real molehill of an issue.

Unless he shoots the judge, he wont be doing time, or community service, or being fitted with a curfew collar, and neither will he be tarred and feathered and hung from the balcony of Lancaster gate.

I don't think it's that simple. I doubt that he'll deny receiving the payment and I doubt that he'll claim that he did declare it for tax. That doesn't necessarily mean he's guilty of the crime he's charged with (cheating the public revenue) and I'm expecting him to plead not guilty.

Spasm, Mick

Please outline your medical training, so that we can decide who is to be believed.

nil - but I have personal knowledge of the procedure that HR underwent, and it is common for people to misinterpret what he had done, as being indicative of heart problems. As I said, its roughly equivalent to blocked fuel jets into the cylinders of an engine. The engine is in perfect working order, but the supply is interrupted. In both cases, if the fuel supply is cut off completely, the engine fails to work - but not because the engine is at fault.

Stress will not cause a repetition of HRs medical condition, unless another - hitherto unknown defect exists in his heart itself, the arteries should remain clear for many years, particularly if he improves his diet and keeps his (bad) cholesterol levels low.

No training, but a good working knowledge of the problem, from a personal level of understanding

Oh - and your personal judgement on my qualifications to comment, is a matter of some major indifference to me, but I'm happy to pass on what I understand to help out anyone who might be curious.

Thank you, and have a nice day

Care to share any details on this.... what was the story Talkbrick blabbed?

Why on earth would you be interested in the babbling of someone who has absolutely no credibility whatsoever on this board, beyond that of being a dyed in the wool critic of pretty much everything about Tottenham Hotspur, its manager, players and board of directors.

Guttersnipe has time and again made announcements that have turned out to be wholly innacurate, been critical and damning of people who have subsequently become outrageous success stories, and lives his life in a fantasy world fuelled by electronic computer games.

Pretty much everything he says is incorrect and borne of ignorance.

When he proves me to be wrong, I'll apologise

(about this post!)

why would it distract Harry, he pays lawyers to be distracted for him. His heart is fine, he had a stent fitted in the arteries feeding his heart, its like worrying about an engine because a fuel injector to one of the cylinders is blocked

you're probably right..but the twitching concerns me...& managing spurs is a highly stressful job. :)

i have been a lurker for a while

first post on the board so be gentle ..........

i thought might be interesting

Harry Redknapp's assistants Joe Jordan and Kevin Bond will take on the Tottenham Hotspur manager's responsibilities on a day-to-day basis while Redknapp faces trial for tax evasion next week. The trial starts on Monday.

Bond and Jordan are expected to oversee training during the two weeks that the trial is scheduled to last, although Redknapp anticipates being at Vicarage Road for Friday evening's FA Cup fourth-round tie against Watford. Jordan and Bond will also conduct interviews and press conferences during that time, instead of the Spurs manager.

Redknapp and Milan Mandaric, who was his chairman during their time together at Portsmouth, will face trial jointly at Southwark Crown Court. The two are faced with two counts of cheating the public revenue.

The two men deny all charges.

taken from todays independent

i have been a lurker for a while

first post on the board so be gentle ..........

i thought might be interesting

Harry Redknapp's assistants Joe Jordan and Kevin Bond will take on the Tottenham Hotspur manager's responsibilities on a day-to-day basis while Redknapp faces trial for tax evasion next week. The trial starts on Monday.

Bond and Jordan are expected to oversee training during the two weeks that the trial is scheduled to last, although Redknapp anticipates being at Vicarage Road for Friday evening's FA Cup fourth-round tie against Watford. Jordan and Bond will also conduct interviews and press conferences during that time, instead of the Spurs manager.

Redknapp and Milan Mandaric, who was his chairman during their time together at Portsmouth, will face trial jointly at Southwark Crown Court. The two are faced with two counts of cheating the public revenue.

The two men deny all charges.

taken from todays independent

i'd say that's a distraction...

Care to share any details on this.... what was the story Talkbrick blabbed?

Keys and Grey commented that Storrie and Mandaric got off.......or (a minute later after having been warned that they were in contempt of court) that perhaps they hadn't.

Noticed on Sky News that Harry' trial starts today and he could be ascent from the training ground for around a fortnight, hopefully his vast team of coaches can handle things whilst he's in court.

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp goes on trial today accused of tax evasion.

Redknapp, who has been tipped as a future England manager, is accused of two counts of cheating the public revenue when he was manager of Portsmouth.

He is accused alongside the then-Portsmouth chairman Milan Mandaric.

The first charge alleges that between April 1, 2002, and November 28, 2007, Mandaric paid US$145,000 into a bank account held by Redknapp in Monaco, to avoid paying income tax and national insurance.

The second charge for the same offence relates to a sum of US$150,000 allegedly paid by Mandaric to the same account between May 1, 2004, and November 28, 2007.

Both men deny the charges and a two-week trial is due to begin at Southwark Crown Court this morning.

Redknapp, 64, who underwent minor heart surgery last year to unblock his arteries, is the most successful English manager in the modern game, having led Portsmouth to FA Cup success and Spurs to last season's Champions League quarter-finals.

Serbian Mandaric is now chairman of Sheffield Wednesday, having previously worked at Leicester.

Redknapp, of Panorama Drive, Poole, Dorset, is represented by John Kelsey-Fry QC, while Lord Ken Macdonald QC is counsel for Mandaric, of Stretton Hall, Oadby, Leicestershire.

John Black QC will open the prosecution after a jury is sworn in before Judge Anthony Leonard QC.

Back